1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Help for create Commodore VT and VX

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by V8HoldenFan, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Hi all.

I need your help.

I am in school designer - conceptor 3D, specialty automobile.

For my project review, I have chosen to create the Commodores VT - VX V8 Supercars.
    I chose these models because I am a fan of these versions.

However, I am facing a problem. It is impossible to have access to blueprints, specs and different views of the car as the interior, engine part, etc..

I am in no way a competitor to ORSM because it is not to create a 3D car and put it in a game, but for a school project.

So my question is:

Can you help me find more pictures perfectly true with views from the front, behind, in profile, interior, wheels and mechanical parts for VT and VX models and actual dimensions.

I have the book "The Great Race Bathurst" 2001 and 2002, but there is not much about what I research.

Thank you to you for your help.

Cheers

Cedric

2. You could ask Mal Rose for help
    http://www.v8experience.com.au/
    He used to run the VX in the BF Goodrich Langstreckenmeisterschaft (VLN) / 24h Nürburgring in 2007 and 2008. That could help you if you need interior pictures as he offers rides with former Holdens.
    The National Motor Racing Museum, Bathurst, NSW might have those models I'm not sure but if they're there I guess it's the best bet to get pictures from there.

3. Thanks M1GHTY.

I have send the mail, I will wait for a response.

4. nobody has a link or information on these 2 cars?

5. Try the V8Sleuth website and ask Noons!! He has access to all that info, and might even be able to assist you with photos. Alternatively, check with a museum. Peter Champion has one in Central Queensland that has a lot of Brocky's old cars in there. He might know.

The other option is search for the Kumho V8 Touring car series and see if you can find one of the teams and send them an email.

6. Try and contact Graham Stewart as he owns Tomas Mezera's VT which hasn't been raced since Adelaide 2001 and is one of a very few, if not the only, VT from that era that never got upgraded to a VX/VY/VZ.
    http://grahamstewartracing.webs.com/

Edit:
    Actually doesn't the Mt Panorama Museum have the 2000 Bathurst Winning VT of Tander/Bargwanna?

7. Hi guys.

Thanks for your help. It's difficult for me to visit a Mt Panorama museum because I leave in France.

;)

8. Hi.

sorry, but is what I read on the site V8Sleuth.
    They ask 400 AUD for information on cars from V8 Supercars ? :O_o:

9. Thanks still_bacon.

I contacted Aaron V8 Sleuth, but he can not give me information.
    Or size cars or pictures or data.

:(

10. Thanks Doug.
    I have this blueprint but this drawing is not correct.
    The perspective is not exact.

11. Hi all.
    This is good.
    After much research and work, I fully recreates the real blueprint of the VT and VX Commodore V8 Supercars.
    Everything is ready to go in 3DS Max.

Thank you to those who helped me.

Cheers

12. That's awesome

13. Yes.
    and I think even make a version for rF.Or if the Team ORSM needs Blueprints I made ​​them a gift.
    For the 3D versions are far from over. :D

14. Great job V8HoldenFan