Help buying a track (or two)

I want some help buying a few tracks.
These 8 tracks is the only ones I dont own.
But Im a guy who hate to buy cars/tracks/paints I dont use regularly.
I recently saw in another thread someone who was absolutely in love with Knutstorp Ring(if I recall right).

Question: If I only want to buy 1 or 2 tracks which one(s) should it be?

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Dont tell me to buy all of them - just because. But Im open for well argumented proposal(s) - if you really think there is a must have among these.:thumbsup:

missing tracks-1.jpg

Which ones you buy depends on what type of track you like, since there are some very different styles on your list. If it were me, I'd get Zhuhai first because I really enjoy that track. That said, I know others who really don't like it. As for a second track... no idea. There's four that I rate about the same.

@Ross Garland
Thank you for trying to help - when nobody else want to:poop:

There is a special reason I ask for help deciding tracks.
Because I have damaged by legs (sports injury) Im solely driving with a hand controlled wheel(SRW-S1).
And therefore tracks where you have to turn hard(more than 20-25 degree) while you both downshift and brake/throttle is close to impossible for me to control and adapt to.:sleep:

An example is both Shanghai and Sepang which for me has been a waste of money.:rolleyes:
While Macau has been a complete and total disaster - because my wheel cannot turn enough if I in ANY way have to use the gear, brake and throttle.
You cannot use your fingers if you the same time are twisting them more than the mentioned 20-25 degr.:x3:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I decided for Knutstorp(gonna check the "love" thread about it) and Mantorp Park because this has been a part of the free content before - and I liked it.:inlove:

Just found a lot af goodies about Knutstorp - but ahh Im divided a bit about the comparasment with Blisterberg because this twisty track is allready very close to the border of my (dis)abilities.:whistling:
But on the other hand the compare to Nordschleife is exciting.:)

About Ring Knutstorp:
Ring Knutstorp in Sweden is almost a miniature version of the Nordschleife. It's compact, it's hilly and for many Scandinavian racing hopefulls it is the place where they had their first true test of cornering technique and raw driving skill. Keep the speed down and it is a fun rollercoaster ride, but as you gain speed it becomes a serious challenge. There is no time to relax, no place to catch your breath and no forgiving run-off areas. You are truly all-in when pushing the limits at this relatively unknown gem of a track.

Hmmm: Maybe I should ask my stingy wallet about paying for this Zhuhai thing. What does the haters of this track give as a reason for their hating? @Ross

@Felt
Thank you.
Good argumentation:roflmao: - but I will take this into my considerations.
I have decided for Knutstorp and Mantorp but cannot really decide if I should take the mentioned Zhuhai or now your Falkenberg.
The other swedish track Anderstorp could also be a possibility - but I think I have heard that this track is rather boring.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I just got an idea to check up how popular these remaining tracks are in the FR90 Leaderboards.
Because that could be some kind of usefull indication...:whistling:

You can allways learn something new:)
I suddenly realised that you can watch a video of all tracks - and then decide on background of that.
Checking the LB-popularity was of no use(for me).

Hehe this is my love/hate (buy/not buy) based on that:

Track Rating LB-popl BrunoP pro/con
Knutstorp ++ 5 Probabl most exiting with lots of twists and level differences:thumbsup:
Falkenberg ++ 3 Looking very exiting with lots of corners and level differences:thumbsup:
Gelleråsen ++ 0 Similiar exiting looking as Falkenberg:thumbsup:
Mantorp + 2 OK but not so fun as I did remember it from free content:cautious:
Anderstorp -- 9 Boring design and environment:sleep:
Chang -- 0 Boooring track but worse is the idiotic selpromoting commenter in the video:poop:
Zhuhai -- 2 Laughable ½lap short video + hate the annoying music(= worst presentation).:poop:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Now I just have to persuade my stingy wallet to (shortly) open for paying for 3 tracks :whistling:

The reason I could leave iRacing without using the braindead argument against leaving that I had allready "invested" too much money so... - was because I had used my brain and (more or less) only "invested" in cars/tracks I absolutely needed.
And my oppinion here is the same.
No reason to go braindead and buy everything just because.:sneaky:
Hehe but I bought the 3 first swedish ones - and then afterwards I became (slightly) braindead and grabbed Mantorp too.
My excuse to my stingy wallet was "Come on buddy there is 50% rebate".:laugh:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I have allready started on the lil "go-cart" track Knutstorp in LB and was honestly surprised how fast you get to know this track.
Its just like a fun roller-coaster - but my personal oppinion compared to the other roller Blisterberg is that Knutstorp dont have any of Blisterbergs irritating unorganic/awkward sections. :p

EDIT: I have discovered that "organic" in english does mean something related to "ecological" or yenyang "micromacro" stuff. But that wasnt exactly what I had in mind:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
No reason to go braindead and buy everything just because.:sneaky:
Hehe but I bought the 3 first swedish ones - and then afterwards I became (slightly) braindead and grabbed Mantorp too.
My excuse to my stingy wallet was "Come on buddy there is 50% rebate".:laugh:
Oh man If I just had been a bit more "braindead" and grabbed Anderstorp while there still was a 50% rebate.:sleep:
Because I have allready "finished" running on these small swedish tracks in LB mode.
Only Gelleråsen left - and in LB there are zero competitors:thumbsdown:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Re-visiting Racerooms Anderstorp video make the lack of grabbing this track while it was time a complete mistake. Because the long highspeed corners/sweeps looks now exactly like my kind of track.
Bummer:sleep::notworthy::sleep:

Oh man If I just had been a bit more "braindead" and grabbed Anderstorp while there still was a 50% rebate.:sleep:
Because I have allready "finished" running on these small swedish tracks in LB mode.
Only Gelleråsen left - and in LB there are zero competitors:thumbsdown:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Re-visiting Racerooms Anderstorp video make the lack of grabbing this track while it was time a complete mistake. Because the long highspeed corners/sweeps looks now exactly like my kind of track.
Bummer:sleep::notworthy::sleep:

Oh man Gelleråsens layout is hard to learn.
Hehe at least for an old man.

One of the reasons I also should have grabbed Anderstorp is because these other short swedish "Mickey Mouse" tracks have no long straights where you can relax the brain a bit.:sleep:
But checking the Anderstorp layout and knowing its former international history then this swedish track is closer to an international (F1) format than these lil mouse things.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: In my younger days I actually visited Anderstorp for a F1 race where the Tyrell 6 wheeler participated.
Oh if I only had taken some photos of this legend.:inlove:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 192 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 29 13.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 13.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 61 28.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 74 33.9%