Helmet Finishes

Helmets Helmet Finishes 3.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dolf4737 submitted a new resource:

Helmet Finishes - Change the color finish of your helmet

Hello everyone!!
Here's my first ever mod! so excited about it! your feedback would be truly appreciated :)

I've found a way to modify the color finish of your career helmet for F1 2016. So you can made your helmet a bit more special.
So far I've gathered 3 different color finishes:

-Normal Finish
-Chrome Finish
-Sparkle Finish (Style used by some drivers in night races like Singapore)
-More coming soon

I've only uploaded the .dds files since I don't know which helmet you are using for...

Read more about this resource...

Nice find, thanks!

Do supla's helmets work in 2016? Is there a method to get them working? I'd love to use this combined with one of his helmets.

Nice find, thanks!

Do supla's helmets work in 2016? Is there a method to get them working? I'd love to use this combined with one of his helmets.

Only the Supla's helmets for the 2014 game work. The texture maps from 2014 are similar, if not the same as 2016. the only thing that is different is the texture for the HANS device. I took the helmet I am using (GEN 35) and I replace the helmet design and visor with one of Supla's designs using paint.Net, I didn't just imported the hole texture, just to be sure

so I've got a problem, everytime I add the Sponsoring on my s Helmet .tga via Photoshop and I import it to the file, i don't see my helmet anymore. Can you help me because your mod is amazing and I tried to get the sponsoring on it for the effect.

so I've got a problem, everytime I add the Sponsoring on my s Helmet .tga via Photoshop and I import it to the file, i don't see my helmet anymore. Can you help me because your mod is amazing and I tried to get the sponsoring on it for the effect.

Have you saved the changes that you did to both the .tga file and incardriver.erp?

Hello, registered here just for this mod. First of all, awesome work! But I'm completely new at this whole modding-thing, maybe someone can help me here.
I downloaded the Ego ERP Archiver that is needed for this mod. I looked up the gen_04_helmet_s.tga because I think that's the helmet I'm using. I use the 4th helmet in the first row of the menu. This one:
NfgO3HN.jpg

Then I followed the instruction and imported the Sparkle Finish. Then I saved it, but the .mipmaps data was saved on my desktop. Where do I have to put it now? And how do I save the changes to the incardriver.erp?

yes I did, and with your file it works, but if I edit the Sponsors in the helmet it doesn't work
it works on me perfectly, that's pretty weird. Well I am using helmet 35, you cannot change the color on it and I think it has to do with the mapping, different mapping for custom helmets? not sure man, you should check with the author of the sponsors template, he knows better than me sorry a cannot help you

Hello, registered here just for this mod. First of all, awesome work! But I'm completely new at this whole modding-thing, maybe someone can help me here.
I downloaded the Ego ERP Archiver that is needed for this mod. I looked up the gen_04_helmet_s.tga because I think that's the helmet I'm using. I use the 4th helmet in the first row of the menu. This one:
NfgO3HN.jpg

Then I followed the instruction and imported the Sparkle Finish. Then I saved it, but the .mipmaps data was saved on my desktop. Where do I have to put it now? And how do I save the changes to the incardriver.erp?

you needed to save the file in the designated folder from your F1 2016 game folder, which would ask you if you want to replace it, you say yes. After that in the Ego ERP Achiver, you go to file/save and again the same, save it and the file would be replace on the specific designated folder

you needed to save the file in the designated folder from your F1 2016 game folder, which would ask you if you want to replace it, you say yes. After that in the Ego ERP Achiver, you go to file/save and again the same, save it and the file would be replace on the specific designated folder
Ah, thank you a lot. I found the folder for the mipmaps data and it works perfectly now. I was just stupid. Thank you for the quick help!

it works on me perfectly, that's pretty weird. Well I am using helmet 35, you cannot change the color on it and I think it has to do with the mapping, different mapping for custom helmets? not sure man, you should check with the author of the sponsors template, he knows better than me sorry a cannot help you
I will try your helmet. But did you edited the d.tga file with one of Supla's helmets or the s.tga file?

Just asking; is it possible to import textures from the PSSG editor to the ERP editor?
i want to use Supla Helmets in F1 2016 but i'm not that handy with texture import.
Both tga files (helmets) from F1 2014 and F1 2016 have the same layout.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%