1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helloo from Scotland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Velkro, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Velkro

Premium Member

Hey peeps,
    I'm a PC gamer who, for a long time has enjoyed racing games and have quite a collection. I must admit I very much consider myself a newbie when it comes to online racing. I have played a few games a LANs but have never really had the bottle to play for proper online. I often will play games and think wow that was a great lap and a great time but when it comes to playing online often find myself many seconds behind other racers and after a while it grinds you down. I play most games with stock setups as, to be honest I seldom take the time how to set up properly due to being too excited about the title I'm playing and just want to drive. I appreciate I need to have patience and try things out and this is what I plan to do.
    I currently have a couple of wheel/pedal sets a g25 and my favored driving force pro. I am considering (if I can get my drive on) to get a t500 set up in the future.
    I enjoy many flavors of motor sport and have a games list that reflects this including :
    Pcars, asseto corsa, race 07, GTR, GTlegends, F1 20** series, dirt series, grid series, rbr the list goes on. I appreciate not all are "sims" but sure are a lot of fun.
    Anyway sorry for yabbering on.
    in a bit
    Kev aka Velkro
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi Kev, and a warm welcome to Race Department.:) I'm sure with all the games you list you'll find plenty to interest you on the boards here. If you have any questions then don't be afraid to ask, there are so many knowledgeable people here at RD that are willing to help.
    As to online then I would say that there are club races for a lot of the games you play, and they have drivers at all skill levels check out what events are coming up here and how to join in here.

They are friendly races with the emphasis on having fun and any of the clubs will be delighted to have you join them. As you said in your last sentence it is all about having fun.
  3. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail" Premium Member

Get online :thumbsup:
    I took the plunge some weeks ago (R3E) and have never looked back (only because everyone is in front of me ;)) it's brilliant :):)
    • Love Love x 2
  4. 2scoops

Premium Member

Hi Kev,
    Agree with Brian, get online with us, its loads of fun.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hi Kev and a belated welcome to RaceDepartment :)

Great to see you've taken the first steps to getting online with us here at RD, please dont worry about being quick or at the front fighting for wins and stuff, its just about the pleasure of racing with others, TeamSpeak banter and learning as you go.. its great fun!
    Anyway mate, enjoy your stay at RD and we look forward to hopefully seeing you out on track with us very soon ;)