1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PeterTJ, Jun 26, 2016.

1. I've been referred to this site by @Paul Jeffrey and @Matej Lakota as a decent place for races.

I'm primarily interested in laid-back club races initially.

My son takes rF2 fairly seriously (VEC) and is currently a lot faster than me at this sort of thing, which won't do.

I used to race Formula Fords in the 70s under the name John Trevelyan, and these sorts of games are relatively foreign to me. Any help to get up to speed with the software will be much appreciated, as will any steering in the right direction with which races to participate in etc.

My son tells me he's bought me rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, and Automobilista.

All the best,

Peter.

2. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Staff Premium Member

First off welcome to RD.

If your after laid back club events then we do have plenty of them.

We do have events on most days so please check out THIS link to see what events we are running.

Our members are always happy to dish out advice and have a laugh on teamspeak so if you have any questions please ask, thats what we are here for.

We do also occasionally hold a Driver Academy which is exclusively for Premium members, this will help a hell of alot to get better at racing sims.

3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Embarrassingly, Backmarker Champion 2015 & 2016 Staff Premium Member

Hi Peter and welcome to race department:).
    As @quicksilver384 has already pointed out we have plenty of club races that are very suitable for beginners of all paces.
    If you are interested the check out the event threads and how you can join in here.
    You will also see on the opening post of each event the Freemium offer which gives you a couple of weeks to try things out.
    Once again welcome to RD and I hope you enjoy your time here.