1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hello...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by thatmotorfreak, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Didn't realize that there was an "Introduce yourself" section before I started posting here. Whoops :p

I've been getting into virtual race cars for a few months now. I just simply wanted to expand my ever-growing list of car games since I can't seem to get enough of them ever since I was a kid. I was also lured in by the fact that most race sims are moddable, something I always expect when I get a new PC game.

I've got most of the ISIMotor sims including both rFactor games, most SimBin titles (except the GTR games, I'll get them sooner or later), and Stock Car Extreme. I also have DiRT Rally as well.

I use a Logitech G27, which has served me well for the last few years and hopefully won't break down too soon. (aside from the fact that the 5th and 6th gears on my H-shifter have stopped working, and I've lost the receipt for warranties as well)

Unfortunately I only play offline, since I'm using pocket wifi to connect to the internet and it's not exactly feasible for us to get wired internet. That means I won't be able to do any online racing, without obnoxiously high ping rates at least, or play anything that requires a constant internet connection (looking at you iRacing and R3E)

That's it from me. Hello once again :)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi, and a belated welcome to Race Department. Hope you're finding plenty to keep you interested here.
    That's a nice collection of games you've got and yes you do want to add GTR2 to your collection, stacks of mods and tracks plus night and rain and reasonable AI.
    Pity about your internet but as long as you can enjoy the games then that's what's important.
    If you have any questions please do ask them as there are plenty of members able to help.

3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Welcome mate, thanks for saying hi (belatedly :D)!

Hope you enjoy your stay here, as Kenny said its a shame about the internet but hey, these games nowadays are so good anyway they will offer loads and loads of fun offline too...

Might be worth trying Euro Truck Sim and American Truck Sim online as they don't seem to require stunningly great ping, and they are fun as it gets too :)

Anyway, have fun mate and see you around,

Paul