1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello world

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RaceWasGood, Dec 27, 2015.

1. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium Member

Greetings from Finland! Opposite to what you may believe we have no polar bears walking around the streets, but there's supposed to be an iceman somewhere out there =)

I've just picked up my old interest in driving sims and pc-racing again after some years raising up a few kids and all that stuff. I'm a complete rookie when it comes to online racing, but i've been lurking around here for a while and this seems like a good place to start learning. At the moment for me it's mostly DIRT Rally and Assetto Corsa varied with some Project CARS.

Hope to see you guys and girls on the track soon!

Ps. The premium holiday offer says 9,99€ for a year but i couldn't find the normal price nor the price that will apply after the holiday offer year?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Welcome to RD!

Online racing is very good, and even better with the right environment! I'm sure you will find this here.

If you want some AC lessons I can certainly help you in the AC club! Check out our races here:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-racing-club-leagues.171/

And for other races check out the calendar, as I'm more into the AC side of things.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/calendar/upcoming-races

About the premium price, the normal one was 20E before the promotion, don't know for how long it is going to keep on that price. Maybe @Bram can give you some insight on that.

See you on track!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Hi Welcom to RD! :)

It has been at €20 and €15 in the past year and around the €10 mark for the past couple of months. We try to keep it as low as possible to maintain our servers and services. If we can get down to €0.50 at some point we will. We've done a little shuffling recently and managed to keep it down for a while but a typical worst case scenario would be around €15-20. In short the more people who subscribe the lower we can offer it for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium Member

OK, thanks for the welcome and the info! Donated/purchased just now =)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hello matey,

Welcome to RD fella great to have you onboard! Be warned, it gets addictive here.... As I type I'm sat in McDonald's January sales shopping using the wife's phone... Just can't help logging in :)

Have a great time here mate and I hope we see you out on track with us soon! Any questions, just give any of us a shout :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Doh, double post.... Bloody iphones

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

You are in January already Paul? Have you purchased a new MK2 Time machine in the January sales and travelled back?:laugh::p

8. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium Member

Ha ha. I'm browsing at the office (don't tell my boss though) constantly switching between this site and the UPS package tracking site to follow my CSW base and wheelhub on their journey ;) Thanks for the welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Welcome to RD hombre. What they said and gotta admit, your avatar reminds of me of my racing childhood. Don't know why. :O_o:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Great choice buddy, I run the v2 and the BWM rim and its awesome! You'll have plenty of fun with it my friend :)

11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Meh, you know what I mean! :D :D As you can tell, the BigMac was taking most of my attention at the time of writing....

For those who are interested, I got an 8 pack of socks for £6.00. Wicked.

12. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Was that a packet of McSocks? My Mcdonalds where I live does not sell any socks.:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium Member

Sweet! I'll bolt a 350mm Momo wheel on the hub for now. Estimated delivery is tomorrow, and the last logging is from Glostrup, Denmark yesterday evening, so fingers crossed here.

14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Honestly, I cant think of a witty response to that one :D Well played Mr. Jackson, well played... :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Enjoy it mate, and give me a P M if you need any advice on settings and stuff (im no expert but i've copied a lot of other people :) plus @Spinelli is pretty hot on the subject too (he's where i get my settings from mostly :) )

• Love Love x 2