1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello , question about a racing wheel

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Claudio Harden, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

I was just wondering, which racing wheel I should get? In other words, what do you guys use and recommend?

Thanks in advance,

2. all depends what system your playing on and how much you want to spend
  3. G27, best bang for buck.
    But the clutch and H-shifter aren't really used in F1 nowadays, so I guess a DFGT would be a better choice if you're only playing F1 games. I don't own that one, so can't comment much.

As Sandy said, what's the budget?
  4. Sorry I am using the pc as my plattform.

Well I don´t want to speed to much. Maybe max 200 Euros? I will check out the G27 and yes Senad, I only play F1.
  5. in that case the logitech DFGT is a good wheel the pedals arent up to much but for the money its a realy good wheel, it is the wheel i use on the PS3(and also works on pc) and have no complaints apart from no feel from the pedals.
    Also if you wwant something to mount it on the whellstand pro is absolutely superb for the job
  6. Great Sandy, this helped me alot. I might just go for it ;) Thanks alot once again, just can't wait to play online.
  7. As have been said, the DFGT is good value for your money and I don't think the pedals are too bad. Sure, there probably is better wheels out there, but considering the price tags for them, you will get a very good and reliable one. :)
  8. Thanks alot Jan :)
  9. I've never owned a DFGT. I have seen a comment about thrustmaster that when playing F1 2010, there is a slight delay in response which he says slows him down when compared to G27 which has immediate response and is now recording faster times with G27 since he's upgraded... thrustmaster is a cheaper wheel than G27, DFGT is also a cheaper wheel than G27 is all I will say. I own a G27 and its great on F1 2010. I've put in very fast times. Can get one for under £200 right now (in UK atleast). Eventually you'd probably want to play another racing game that involves a shifter and clutch so why not invest in G27? with the low price, can't go wrong.
  10. Deprer, you are right. I am waiting until the end of the month and then I will have my G27 right in front of me ;)

Are there any settings which I have to apply in the game or does it do everything automatcally?

11. I love my G27, well my second one at least, the first one had every issue that people complain about. but logitech was quick and after a little prodding they sent first so I was never without a wheel.
  12. For F1 thrustmaster rgt ffb is proven to be pretty good. I am driving F1 with it, and it feels very good. One thing though i don't understand - There is no H pattern shifter on that one, so why the hell they've put a third pedal (clutch?)
  13. On my g25, i don't use the h pattern when driving, but the clutch is useful for the starts... Less wheelspin!
  14. Thanks for those useful answes so far. Just one question, I just checked the Thrustmaster RGT FFB. Seems very cheap, but is it really good? I mean 80 euros and 250 euros is a big difference in my wallat.