1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hello from Italy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Joe Moon, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Joe Moon

Joe Moon
    Premium Member

Hello, I live in Italy in the province of Padua. I'm glad I joined Racedepartment. I love Stock Car Extreme and if time permits I would like to participate in some races online. It's a long time that I'm interested in simracing but only recently has become a real passion. I played with Race Injection and iRacing. I have a Logitech G27 and I hope to meet new people to have fun.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Welcome to RD. :)
    Thank you for going Premium. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    First of all, here at RaceDepartment, there are all kinds of club and league events being organised. If you're new, the club events might actually be the best place to start, as others tend to offer advice there and the whole atmosphere is more informal.

Don't ever feel that speed and skill are required to join our events. We welcome all and find those that make the step early into online racing develop quickly. As long as your driving attitude is right and you can be safe around others that's all thats needed, the rest will come in time :) If there's anything you need to know be sure to post in the forums and most guys around will be happy to provide you with help and answers more informally on Teamspeak during events.

We're looking to get rolling with some more development events too in the near future where some of the basics about the games, techniques etc are covered. You can keep an eye on the Premium Members forum (Paddock Club) for more info on that. There's a poll up at the minute for which game to use for the next one so be sure to make your vote ;)
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/poll-premium-driver-academy-resumes-in-december.110473/

Check out the "Events" page for dates and times:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/calendar
    http://www.racedepartment.com/calendar/upcoming-races

Stock Car Extreme.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/stock-car-extreme.77/

Have a happy new year mate. See you on the tracks. :) :)

Cheers
    Andrew

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Joe Moon

Joe Moon
    Premium Member

Thank you Andrew :) Happy new year to you!

• Love Love x 2
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Welcome to RD Joe Moon.:) It's an exciting time to join us here with SCE's breaking news and being from Italy you can really appreciate what Automobilista means for the game. You'll find various race clubs for the sims you like here at RD ready to welcome you. The natural successor to Race Injection is Raceroom Experience (R3E) hope you will give it a try. Any questions or if you need any help there are plenty of knowledgeable folks here ready to assist you. So once again welcome to the great community that is Race Department.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Joe Moon

Joe Moon
    Premium Member

Hi Kenny :) I Know about R3E but the time is short ... many evenings is right for me to spend time with my girlfriend because I'm getting married :cry: ;):):thumbsup: next year and so I decided to dedicate myself to Stock Car Extreme (I also like rFactor2 but my pc not). Thanks guys for the answers... I abandoned iRacing and this seems to me a beautiful community. I will try to do my best!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

[​IMG]

Sorry couldn't avoid it buddy....

Welcome to RD!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Moon

Joe Moon
    Premium Member

Hello Lorenzo :) ... I still have the active subscription on iRacing but I find little time to train and be competitive at the most, in the end many times attending the TimeTrial but I could not do a full season because of the lack of time so I hope at least here manages to do an online race sometimes.
    PS: Lost brother for iRacing or because I'm getting married ahahhahahah?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Marriage, I got iRacing too, that ain't a loss pal, that is an assurance gain!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Welcome to RD Joe!

I'm sure you will find your place in other sims too!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Joe Moon

Joe Moon
    Premium Member

Hello Matheus :), thank you for the welcome. Grip ... and other things. Every game has its fans and its positive and negative sides, I respect iRacing for the service that has set up (which has its cost ...) but just the time is missing, I thought, seeing the european server of RaceDepartment inside Stock car Extreme to practice when I can with the car and the track that will run the next race ... then, if I'm competitive and that evening I'll free... I'll try to do my best ... Thanks for the replies guys.

11. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Don't worry about being competitve, club races are just for fun and earning experience. I'm sure other drivers will help in the practice sessions.
    I can give you some help in AC if you want, SCE is not my zone of confort but I'm occasionally there too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Welcome to RD Joe, good to have you onboard :)

Hope you enjoy it here, we have a great community and lots of enjoyable no stress fun club racing across the many sims available currently, I'm sure you will find some great racing and have many hours fun with like minded drivers :)

Welcome to the club fella, enjoy :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Joe Moon

Joe Moon
    Premium Member

Thank you Paul... a question... I have to install teamspeak?

14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hi Joe,
    If you intend to race in the clubs then yes, please install Team Speak :) You dont have to actually speak if you dont want too, but we like for you to be able to listen in case of important announcements and suchlike...

I was a bit unsure about it at first, but actually it really does add something to the atmosphere of the event and the banter is usually first rate :D !

Cheers

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1