1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hello from a happy backmarker

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bazooka_Joe, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe
    Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium Member

I've been a quiet member here for a while and never actually properly introduced myself, so decided to fix it ASAP :)

I'm painfully slow playing simulators, driving mostly Assetto Corsa and Euro Truck Simulator 2 (luckily I don't have to be particularly quick in the second title!), head full of theory of driving, weight distributions, downforce, grip, cornering, apexes and trying to put it all into reality in sim-racing. I'm not there yet, but trying. I like clean races, hence the decision to join as a Premium member as I've already tried different servers and got smashed into on number of occasions.
    I've already been involved in RD's Club race which (unsurprisingly) I have finished last, but I have had fun nonetheless. Just need to practice more I believe.

Outside of racing I make my own creations with LEGO, writing some weird code for money and love quiet walks in the cold, windy and wet Scotland. Due to family, other hobbies and work I have only small amount of time left for sim-racing, so I doubt I ever will be towards the top in any respectable race, but I can still have fun, and still can learn something new.

2. quicksilver384

quicksilver384
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #85 Staff Premium Member

Welcome. Practice does indeed help a great deal also if you not already done so then get on teamspeak. People will happily give out advice on there. Also watch out for the Premium Drive Academy Its a great way to get some tips and advice.

3. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi, and welcome, I understand painfully slow all too well:). I tell everyone that it's more important to enjoy yourself as there will only be one winner and that's what club racing is about having fun. I also understand cold windy and wet which is certainly what we're getting this morning in bonnie Scotland.
    We run free content club races regularly in the R3E club so feel free to join in, as @quicksilver384 says get on Teamspeak you'll find plenty of help there.

4. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe

Thanks guys! I'm usually on Teamspeak, however during races it can be a bit distracting. Concentrating on practice for now, learning cars and tracks.
    Waiting for the AC edition to enter, it's been a while since the last one. Really looking forward to it and for me it was one of the best incentives to join as a Premium member. Great idea.

I have a feeling I might be a strong contender for that title this year :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

If I had a penny/cent for every time I've heard that:D

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe

You can't be THAT bad! Plus, you've not seen me driving then :)

7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

I've heard it all before:) and there's a reason I'm the champ, why not join us and find out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe

Now I truly want to race you Kenny. There's a local Knockhill Track Day server online that just sounds perfect for us. What do you think? Pick an evening and we'll make some on-track carnage!