1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hello form Ireland

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by x-ray81, Jan 11, 2016.

1. x-ray81

x-ray81
    Premium Member

Hi I'm Ray

I've been a member of Race Department for a while, At first I would come here and download some cars, mods and skins etc. Before I would only mess around doing time trials and racing AI but lately I've started thinking about racing online and becoming part some sort of league or community. After searching around the net for a league that would suit a casual like me to learn the ropes , I ended up back here after reading about other leagues. To be honest I didn't realise before all that Race Department had to offer, I would normally have been linked here from other sites to download cars and tracks and left straight away to play with that content. But after spending time and getting to know what Race Department actually is, I think it's the best place for me, with its club racing and Driver Academy and friendly members, plenty of opportunity to learn.

So expect a few silly questions as I learn :)

!st question :( comes from this thread. what is the "Racing Club server"?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

Hello Ray!

Responding your question, the Racing club server relates to all the servers we use for our club races.
    Which means that the password shown there is used to login in all of them (unless the organizer sends you a PM with a special password).
    By what it looks like, you already are familiarized with where the racing clubs are. If you want to race find one in the calendar here, click on the race, leave a message in the thread saying "sign me up" and you are ready to go!
    Feel free to ask as many questions as you want!

See you on Track!
    Matheus

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Hi Ray I also live in Belfast welcome to the site. What sims are you using?

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi Ray, glad you've discovered what a great place RD is to hang out in and of course as Matheus has said find some online racing action. Follow the link he provided an I'm sure you'll find a club to suit your needs.:thumbsup:

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail"

From another newbie Hi and welcome :thumbsup: you wont be disappointed :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. x-ray81

x-ray81
    Premium Member

Hi Jim, I'm using assetto corsa, factor 2, dirty rally and raceroom experience, what about yourself?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  7. x-ray81

x-ray81
    Premium Member

@Matheus Machado thanks for the reply, but I don't fully understand. When I'm joining a server for a race, Do I find the servers located here on racedepartment.com or in game ie. assetto corsa online lobby?
    For example, I'm thinking of signing up for this AC club race. The server name is RaceDepartment #2, how do I go about joining that server?

8. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail"

In game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail"

Do you have teamspeak?

If so I will be online teatime and will guide/ help you as much as I can.

10. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Hi Ray,
    Plastic paddy here down south in Limerick :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Don't have AC myself but I'd say pretty much all the same , just click on the RD server you want to race on login with RD password an you'll be good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Oh, those pesky dedicated servers. I see that you have DiRT Rally! Just head over the DiRT Rally Club forum and join the DiRTy gang! :)

No, a bit more serious (though, I would love to see you join us in DiRT as well :) ). All our servers can be joined through the lobby in the games, you've already found the thread with the passwords. Just control you have the right cars/track and are on the list to race, and you are good to go drive!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hi Ray and welcome to RaceDepartment buddy :D

Hope you enjoy your time here mate, you are right its a great community with some really good and knowledgeable members who are always willing to give you some advice and a helping hand :)

We have lots and lots of club race events with a varying degree of pace and experience within the races so I'm sure you will find plenty of people faster, slower and on the same pace as you. Racing in these events has taught me so much its unbelievable... be warned.. it becomes addictive :D

Hope you enjoy yourself while you are here, please don't hesitate to give a shout if you need any help, I myself am silly so silly questions are very much my comfort zone :D

Take care mate, enjoy it and see you on track!

Paul

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1