1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hello, fellow Sim-Racers.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paul D. Jennings, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Hey, my name is Paul. I'm a lifelong Racing nut, I've been in love with racing since 1984 when I became a huge fan of Dale Earnhardt and Al Unser Jr. I've always wanted to be a racecar driver but never had the money, I've been fortunate to crew chief and race WKA Go-karts at Stateline Raceway in North Carolina. I also worked a seasonal job with Sasco Motorsports, they are the Dunlop Tire provider for the Grand-Am Series. I got to work the 24-hours of Daytona in 2002 and also go to Watkins Glen and Phoenix International Raceway. Too bad the job was just seasonal, a permanent job with them would've been awesome. I've played about every console racing game out there from the EA Sports Nascar games to Gran Turismo 5 and everything in between. In 2004 I bought my first wheel and start playing "Nascar Racing Season 2003" and I guess that's when my "Sim-Racing" began. My sim-racing has also included Race 07, GTR 2, GTR Evolution, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, and I just recently became part of the rFactor 2 community. So any of you guys that wanna hit me up, feel free to do so as I'm new to all the modding stuff. I'd love to get involved with a good league or group that races on rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, or iRacing.

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nice read @Paul D. Jennings. Keep living the dream and somebody it will become reality.

3. Melv

Melv
    Premium Member

Welcome to RD Paul. Hope you get a surprise call from them with a full time offer :D

• Love Love x 1
  4. Thanks guys.

5. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium Member

We have a pretty good group from the US in the AC racing club. Fun races, good guys and easy way to start. Get your license (easy and free) and join us.