1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hello fellow racers! Introducing skinnybmw

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by skinnybmw, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Good afternoon! My name is Pieter, 35 years old from the Netherlands, Europe. I have been a car fan all my life, especially (old) BMW's and German/Italian cars. Sim racing is in my blood and started with GP and GP2 from Microprose. I have experience with almost every sim-racer and my favourites are GP2, rFactor, iRacing, GTR2, Race - WTCC, Richard Burns Rally, TOCA2 and now I'm discovering Assetto and pCars. Which one is better, do you think? I prefer realism above graphics. Mods aren't new for me either, I did it already in GP2. I want to buy an Occulus Rift when the development is finished and for sim-racing I use the Logitech G25 since 2010.

I've owned several real cars like a BMW E30 325i with 192bhp M50B25 24V engine, BMW E34 3.6 M5 with 315bhp and now I own an Alfa Romeo GT 1.9JTD chipped to 182bhp. For my hobby I'm planning to buy a BMW E31 850i or a BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8 or 3.0. Which one would you choose?

I saw already some damn good stuff here to put in AC, like the Miura LP400s, the Primera BTCC, Nordschleife and the Lake Louise Mod.

Thanks for reading!

Pieter

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014