1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everybody

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bottroper, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Bottroper

Premium Member

Just became a member of RaceDepartment. I'm fairly new to sim racing. I used to play Test Drive and Outrun on a commodore 64, that's been a while now, though. I'm mainly using RaceRoom Racing Experience.

When I signed up a banner told me to get a yearly subscription for just 10 Euros, how could I say no?

I guess that's it for now,

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Hey @Bottroper thanks for signing up man!

If you need any help with online simracing have a peek here in our driver academy forums as we'll soon be doing a session for raceroom with a small group of six drivers and an instructor.

And I am sure @Kenny Paton would happily add you to his online group of R3E racers in our club.

See you on track soon!
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Bottroper

Premium Member

sound good.

4. Brian Greenwood

Brian Greenwood
    "Brian the Snail" Premium Member

Hi Marc,

Welcome to R3e :thumbsup:
    • Love Love x 4
  5. Bottroper

Premium Member

thank you, Brian
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hello Mark,

Welcome to RaceDepartment mate :)

Glad to see you signed up and looking to join in the fun :D RaceRoom is an excellent game and Kenny runs a great little club with many friendly racers of different skills and experiences, you'll find a great little family once you take the plunge and go racing with them :) The R3E club can be found here - R3E Club Racing.

Don't forget though that sim racing has come on leaps and bounds in recent years and we are now very lucky to have a whole bunch of fantastic games to enjoy, keep an eye out on our sim racing calendar to see if any events might take your fancy in future, or see what you're missing out on with the other sims ;) :D

Have a great stay buddy and shout up if you have any questions,

• Love Love x 3
  7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi Marc, and welcome to RD. AAAAhhh the good old commy 64, somewhere in the loft I still have the disk drive for one and an unopened pack of 5'n1/4" floppys for it.
    Brings back a lot of memories:)
    However back to the present.
    I see you play R3E, we have a very friendly race club here at RD and you would be very welcome at any of the events, you can get info on upcoming races here
    We have several guys from Oz who race with us (early mornings over there) so please feel free to join us at any time.:)
    If you have any question then please ask them about anything motorsport real or virtual on the forums where you'll find plenty of knowledgeable people will to help you.
    • Love Love x 2
  8. Bottroper

Premium Member

Hi Paul and Kenny, thank you guys.

So far I've had a great experience. I'm trying to convince both my brothers to take up sim racing again. If they do I might even be able to get them to join RD, despite the language barrier
    • Like Like x 4
  9. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen

Willkommen:) I'm one more of these infamous friendly guys...not on track:laugh: What do you own so far in Raceroom?
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Bottroper

Premium Member

Danke, Andreas. I've got almost everything. All the tracks and most of the cars. I got all the packs. What's missing in my garage are most of the cars that are sold separately