1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all - new to PC gaming - need help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by johnspawton, Oct 29, 2014.

1. I am a complete Petrolhead and love cars. I have recently transferred from console to PC, and naturally as a car enthusiast decided to download Rfactor 2. However, having downloaded all the free add-ons I have to admit they are rather limited in their choice; so i looked for 3rd party mods to expand. I am by no means a computer expert and when downloading the mods from forums i have found that they are mostly in the .rar format. Wondering if anyone can walk me through changing the file to become compatible with the rfactor 2 mod manager. Thanks!
  2. jimortality

Premium Member

Hi you need to use a win zip program and just unzip to your game. Also try game stock car extreme as that is the best sim on the market.
  3. What program do you suggest downloading? I shall also have a look at the stock car extreme thanks!
  4. Agree with Jim about Game Stockcar Extreme, It's awesome. You should try Assetto Corsa too. Buy in Steam. And to unzip the mods you could try winrar. It's great. Wellcome to SimRacing addiction.
  5. Thanks alot guys that's all sorted now, lets get on with some racing!