F1 2011 Heating up the Tyres, Brakes, and Engine?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Does anyone have a few tips about how I can heat up the tyres, brakes, and engine more effectively?

The tyres seem to be okay in the race, and they get up to temperature within the first 2 laps, however I'm not able to get them to optimal temperature by the time I start my 1st flying lap in qualifying. Weaving back and forth works a little, but is it better to weave at a high speed or a low speed? I've tried doing a few burnouts but its difficult to tell if they actually work or not.

With the brakes, my engineer constantly tells me they are too cold. His suggestion is to "brake harder" but I really don't know what that means. I brake as late as I can on corner entry, and any later would involve missing the corner. I also apply the brakes 100% full as hard as I can, but it doesn't seem to help.

The only way I can currently control my engine temperature is with the 3 different fuel mixes. Leaving the fuel mix on lean for more than 3 or 4 laps quickly results in an icy blue engine. I assume that changing gears at higher revs and downshifting earlier under braking could help, but I'm just looking for some suggestions.

Thanks,
Alan.

Everything about engine is clear and correct :) if you want to heat it fast before Q hotlap, stay on same gear with full throttle for few secconds.

your brakes are getting cold on long straights. I'm really sure that after 1 corner they're OK, just engineer don't speak about it.

and tires... weaving at around 150-200kph, accelerating and instantly breaking again and again should help too. do NOT lock up brakes, it won't help. I think game is little bit unrealistic on tires temperature..

Must admit Alan that I tend not to get either of these problems.. with regard to brakes maybe you need to look at the brake balance to see if this helps at all.. might be totally wrong witrh that but it is one of the few things we can change in relation to brakes (I wish they had included in car brake bias adjustments for this year!!). On the other issue maybe you need to adjust your gearing... gears set too high maybe?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back