Headsets

Regarding the Fatal1ty headset, it wouldn't be much cheaper without the brand. For the price posted a few posts ago, it's a bargain, they are top quality.

They don't have vibration, but there's always the other choice if you need that. :)

Abdul, unless your sound card has another output for the headphones it will not be possible to get sound to speakers and teamspeak chat to headset. You need to have two soundcards, those that have the 5.1 usb headphones also have a soundcard as well included with them, so are able to get the game sound through the speakers and ts chat through the headphones.

A word of warning though 5.1 usb headsets require more power than normal which can lead to problems with other usb devices if connected to the same hub. I have a set of speedlink medusa 5.1 usb that I have to use in a separate hub to my wheel. Otherwise the wheels goes haywire after 5 minutes. Also my usb speedlinks transmit a lot of static even though I have them plugged into a powered hub so don't get them.

Thanks David, I tried another solution after having a chat with another member.

I already had an xbox360 wireless controller with wireless receiver. I connected the wireless receiver to the pc and paired the controller. TS picked up the device as a USB input/output device. I now have a total solution when racing and also able to use TS.

Future upgrade will be a 5.1 set but dont know how I will set the rear speakers. I have enough cables already to confuse myself.

Thanks for the reply Claudio, I have continued this thread in the headset thread, because this thread is for Teamspeak.
I don't know actually what I must choose now.
Some say it works, others say it does not work...

Yes, sorry I saw it too late. Anyway I assure you it works. On your computer's sound settings you choose your sound card as default, and every sound will go on your speakers. Then in Teamspeak you can choose between the sound card and logitech headset as output and input. You choose the headset and it works, TS in headset and other sounds in you speakers.

Now, I don't think it is something that has to do with having two sound cards, since I have only one. By using a USB headset it like having a second sound card..seems strange but is like that, in fact in your sound settings (computer and ts) it let you choose between both sound card and headset.

Hope is clear enough :)

edit: here's the headset i'm using.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Headset-960-stereo-headset/dp/B001591HTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248903325&sr=8-1[/ame]

I have to say it's not the most confortable but couldn't afford more.

Yes, sorry I saw it too late. Anyway I assure you it works. On your computer's sound settings you choose your sound card as default, and every sound will go on your speakers. Then in Teamspeak you can choose between the sound card and logitech headset as output and input. You choose the headset and it works, TS in headset and other sounds in you speakers.

Now, I don't think it is something that has to do with having two sound cards, since I have only one. By using a USB headset it like having a second sound card..seems strange but is like that, in fact in your sound settings (computer and ts) it let you choose between both sound card and headset.

Hope is clear enough :)

edit: here's the headset i'm using.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-He...1HTI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248903325&sr=8-1

I have to say it's not the most confortable but couldn't afford more.
I am glad to hear it works! But for me it is important that it is comfortable.
The best USB headsets seem to come from Logitech, so which one would be the best? (of course not above 50 euro's)

they are not bad headsets
I have let my sis bought one of those, clear sound...
only problem it has is that the headset is a bit fragile. so you need to take good care of it.
but on other hand if it brakes during warranty, you can always get a new one :wink:

but the ones Wido showed are not that bad. I have a friend of mine who has them and until last time I asked him about the headset, he was happy with them

I don't live anywhere near those stores :) Would there be any other headset that would be better for that price (under 50 euro's)?
It does not even have to be a USB, as long as it got very good sound.
If there isn't any headset better I think I will go for that one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back