• "Frankly, I know what's wrong but don't know how to fix it." - Bernie Ecclestone.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The 2017 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix. Join the conversation here.
  3. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.
2017 ADAC Zurich 24H (LIVE)
Click the little cross to close this player
Click here to follow us on YouTube.

Head movement in AMS

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by CCL71, Jun 7, 2016.

1. CCL71

CCL71
    Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    I've been spending more time with the game and for the most part, I enjoy it. But one thing that is throwing me off is the amount of head movement. Because of it, it feels like there is a delay in what the car is doing when I go around turns..like I'm experiencing understeer. It makes it a difficult to tell if I'm actually pushing off line or not, if only for a split second but that split second can make all the difference in your lap. I have all head movements turned down to 0 so I'm assuming that it's just part of the game. Other sims have it as well but they don't seem to be a pronounced as AMS. I don't mind some, as it tries to simulate looking into the turn but in AMS, it seems a bit un-natural. Not a big deal, just wondered if there was another option to check..

2. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +503
    check headphysics.ini in Gamedata folder if there is parameter that might help ... I don`t have issues with it and based on description I`m not sure what is your problem :) but if it is fixable, it will probably be in that ini file

3. CCL71

CCL71
    Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    Thanks, I'll check it out. I just don't like all the movement.

4. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +202
    You might want to take a look in your plr file as well, around line 250 there are some options for head movements like:

Look Up/Down Angle
    Leanahead Angle
    Look Roll Angle
    Glance Angle
    Lookahead Angle
    Head Physics
    Head Rotation
    Exaggerate Yaw

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +687
    Before diving into .plr, set yaw to 0 just like head movement. Then if still unhappy check the head physics in .plr.

6. CCL71

CCL71
    Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

7. rs74

rs74

Ratings:
    +0
    For the F vintage (and analogically other cars) open F_Vintage_Cockpitinfo.ini and F_Vintage_V8_Cockpitinfo.ini file and make sure you have this line: CockpitVibrationMag=0.000
    Hi speed shake is now taken out completely !
    Now add some values in .PLR file to get nice head movement, also mix this values with percentage set in the in-game settings.
    Whats interesting the CockpitVibrationMag line was actually missing in some of the cars Cockpitinfo.ini settings, so make sure it is there!
    REM

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +112
    Why not just use the slider in the user interface? You can turn down or off the effects in two seconds. ???

• Like Like x 1
  9. rs74

rs74

Ratings:
    +0
    The slider is for the G effects, set at 5-10% gives some realistic in-cockpit movement feel. Hi speed cockpit shake is something different, the slider does not affect it.