1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head movement in AMS

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by CCL71, Jun 7, 2016.

1. CCL71

CCL71
    Premium Member

I've been spending more time with the game and for the most part, I enjoy it. But one thing that is throwing me off is the amount of head movement. Because of it, it feels like there is a delay in what the car is doing when I go around turns..like I'm experiencing understeer. It makes it a difficult to tell if I'm actually pushing off line or not, if only for a split second but that split second can make all the difference in your lap. I have all head movements turned down to 0 so I'm assuming that it's just part of the game. Other sims have it as well but they don't seem to be a pronounced as AMS. I don't mind some, as it tries to simulate looking into the turn but in AMS, it seems a bit un-natural. Not a big deal, just wondered if there was another option to check..

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

check headphysics.ini in Gamedata folder if there is parameter that might help ... I don`t have issues with it and based on description I`m not sure what is your problem :) but if it is fixable, it will probably be in that ini file

3. CCL71

CCL71
    Premium Member

Thanks, I'll check it out. I just don't like all the movement.

4. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

You might want to take a look in your plr file as well, around line 250 there are some options for head movements like:

Look Up/Down Angle
    Leanahead Angle
    Look Roll Angle
    Glance Angle
    Lookahead Angle
    Head Physics
    Head Rotation
    Exaggerate Yaw

5. Before diving into .plr, set yaw to 0 just like head movement. Then if still unhappy check the head physics in .plr.

6. CCL71

CCL71
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.