Head movement in AMS

I've been spending more time with the game and for the most part, I enjoy it. But one thing that is throwing me off is the amount of head movement. Because of it, it feels like there is a delay in what the car is doing when I go around turns..like I'm experiencing understeer. It makes it a difficult to tell if I'm actually pushing off line or not, if only for a split second but that split second can make all the difference in your lap. I have all head movements turned down to 0 so I'm assuming that it's just part of the game. Other sims have it as well but they don't seem to be a pronounced as AMS. I don't mind some, as it tries to simulate looking into the turn but in AMS, it seems a bit un-natural. Not a big deal, just wondered if there was another option to check..

check headphysics.ini in Gamedata folder if there is parameter that might help ... I don`t have issues with it and based on description I`m not sure what is your problem :) but if it is fixable, it will probably be in that ini file

You might want to take a look in your plr file as well, around line 250 there are some options for head movements like:

Look Up/Down Angle
Leanahead Angle
Look Roll Angle
Glance Angle
Lookahead Angle
Head Physics
Head Rotation
Exaggerate Yaw

• Deleted member 130869

Before diving into .plr, set yaw to 0 just like head movement. Then if still unhappy check the head physics in .plr.

For the F vintage (and analogically other cars) open F_Vintage_Cockpitinfo.ini and F_Vintage_V8_Cockpitinfo.ini file and make sure you have this line: CockpitVibrationMag=0.000
Hi speed shake is now taken out completely !
Now add some values in .PLR file to get nice head movement, also mix this values with percentage set in the in-game settings.
Whats interesting the CockpitVibrationMag line was actually missing in some of the cars Cockpitinfo.ini settings, so make sure it is there!
REM

The slider is for the G effects, set at 5-10% gives some realistic in-cockpit movement feel. Hi speed cockpit shake is something different, the slider does not affect it.

EDIT: With new Automobilista updates the CockpitVibrationMag line is missing again (F_Vintage), so the F_Vintage_V8_Cockpitinfo.ini / F_Vintage_Cockpitinfo.ini need editing one more time... (probably again and again with future updates, until devs correct the missing line;) )

Last edited:
The Lookahead Angle parameter is specially useful, since it moves the camera towards the direction your wheel is moving. That's GREAT to see corner apex, specially in harpins. I found myself up to half a second faster immediatly by using this feature.

I use Lookahead Angle=0.3

However, I strongly suggest you don't go higher than this, otherwise any small movement in wheel will cause camera to tilt, even in straights.

With the new update, I have ingame head movement slider to 0%, and in the .plr file only changed Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.00000" and Cockpit Vibration Mult2 also. This way the cam is almost lock, but is that car that bounces over bumps etc.
Yes I have noticed this also, what has changed in last update? pretty annoying when you don't want something but can't get rid of it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back