1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having some trouble

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Jeff, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Hey all,

Whenever i tab out of RF2 it crashes and wont let me return, i have to kill the Rfactor2 proces in taskmanager. It appears as a small rectangular black screen in my top left screen. I am trying to record some replays with obs but i cant get it to work because of this. I already checked integrity and that was fine. Not sure what to do now maybe anyone on here knows what the problem could be ?
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. Are you running rFactor 2 in fullscreen or windowed mode?
  3. Will window mode solve it?every single ISI based game I have issues alt-tabbing it.
  4. Borderless does the job as does windowed.
  5. Borderless does the job as does windowed.
  6. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium Member

Windowed mode introduce input lag, i read that somewhere, is it true ?
  7. Windowed mode makes alt-tabbing very stable compared to fullscreen I find, I can alt-tab out of rF2, mess around in MoTec, Firefox etc., then return to rF2 without it crashing.
  8. Think it depends on your operating system. As I recall, one of them turns on vsync in windowed mode, so you'd get lag.

I'm using fullscreen in Win10 and don't alt-tab enough to bother with windowed mode.
  9. I don't use full-screen because of the issue with switching out of the game. Borderless work best for me, I don't want to see a Window, and switching to my other monitor while running rF2 doesn't cause any issues. vSync is not on in borderless.
  10. Borderless doesn't work if you want to run rF2 at non-native resolution.
  11. I once read a lot on this subject and then tried it for myself, I can catch the same slides, do the same lap times in Windowed/Borderless as I can in Full Screen. Probably more noticeable when FPS is low or you have a low end PC, but as I as strive to get 60fps then I don't notice any significant lag.
    Simple solution is to try it for yourself :)
  12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero
    Premium Member

rFactor 2 Mode: Windowed / Borderless is running through OS sync buffer which increases input lag and lowers fps. Use Mode: Full screen to avoid this.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh, I didn't see Jeff say he was running a non-native resolution.
  14. thanks all, based on your comments it seems this is a commen problem. I run fullscreen mode so i will try to run in windowed mode to record the replays and just put it back to fullscreen when i play to prevent any possible inputlag. Cant try now but will let u guys know when i tested it.
  15. Tested and works good now, i can alt tab and record without a problem. Thanks allot guys !