• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Having some trouble

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Jeff, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Jeff

Jeff
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Hey all,

Whenever i tab out of RF2 it crashes and wont let me return, i have to kill the Rfactor2 proces in taskmanager. It appears as a small rectangular black screen in my top left screen. I am trying to record some replays with obs but i cant get it to work because of this. I already checked integrity and that was fine. Not sure what to do now maybe anyone on here knows what the problem could be ?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme

Ratings:
    +47
    Are you running rFactor 2 in fullscreen or windowed mode?

3. Hash_V8

Hash_V8

Ratings:
    +56
    Will window mode solve it?every single ISI based game I have issues alt-tabbing it.

4. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +299
    Borderless does the job as does windowed.

5. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +299
    Borderless does the job as does windowed.

6. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron
    Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    Windowed mode introduce input lag, i read that somewhere, is it true ?

7. hexagramme

hexagramme

Ratings:
    +47
    Windowed mode makes alt-tabbing very stable compared to fullscreen I find, I can alt-tab out of rF2, mess around in MoTec, Firefox etc., then return to rF2 without it crashing.

8. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +384
    Think it depends on your operating system. As I recall, one of them turns on vsync in windowed mode, so you'd get lag.

I'm using fullscreen in Win10 and don't alt-tab enough to bother with windowed mode.

9. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +486
    I don't use full-screen because of the issue with switching out of the game. Borderless work best for me, I don't want to see a Window, and switching to my other monitor while running rF2 doesn't cause any issues. vSync is not on in borderless.

10. Associat0r

Associat0r
    Banned

Ratings:
    +101
    Borderless doesn't work if you want to run rF2 at non-native resolution.

11. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +299
    I once read a lot on this subject and then tried it for myself, I can catch the same slides, do the same lap times in Windowed/Borderless as I can in Full Screen. Probably more noticeable when FPS is low or you have a low end PC, but as I as strive to get 60fps then I don't notice any significant lag.
    Simple solution is to try it for yourself :)

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero

Ratings:
    +43
    rFactor 2 Mode: Windowed / Borderless is running through OS sync buffer which increases input lag and lowers fps. Use Mode: Full screen to avoid this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +486
    Oh, I didn't see Jeff say he was running a non-native resolution.

14. Jeff

Jeff
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    thanks all, based on your comments it seems this is a commen problem. I run fullscreen mode so i will try to run in windowed mode to record the replays and just put it back to fullscreen when i play to prevent any possible inputlag. Cant try now but will let u guys know when i tested it.

15. Jeff

Jeff
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Tested and works good now, i can alt tab and record without a problem. Thanks allot guys !