Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Racing Track

View attachment 176496
RaceDepartment asks our readers to pick their all time favourite sim racing track, across any simulation, any platform and any era....

Race tracks are like compilation CD's, literally thousands exist and some might even seem good on paper, but when you get down to it the quality can vary considerably.

We all have our favourite type of circuit... Some of us like a tight round the houses street track like Macau or Monaco, others the classic curves of Spa Francorchamps or more modern constructions like Abu Dhabi and Bahrain that host Formula One Grand Prix. With such a diverse number of tracks scattered around the world and a wide range of racing games and simulations featuring many of these as either first or third party content, sim racers are literally spoilt for choice on what to drive.

In this day and age we have technology that allows us to laserscan a circuit to within millimetres of the real deal, showing every bump and camber that the real location features in a great level of detail. Such is the talent of development team groups like Sector3 Studios you don't even need to laserscan circuits to be considered one of the best in the industry at producing compelling ribbons of tarmac in their games.

So the question I want to pose to you all is - Which is your favourite sim racing track, from any game, any era and either mod or first party, and why?

Much as with the recent question we asked with regards to your favourite sim racing car, this is not a my sim is better than yours question. We simply want to know your favourite sim racing track, be it for the quality of the creation or simply your love of the actually layout itself. Of course if you pick something that is represented across multiple sims then please let us know which version is your pick of choice...

When submitting your choice feel free to leave a bit of commentary on why you chose that particular track and what makes it so special for you....

Happy debating!

View attachment 176497 View attachment 176498 View attachment 176499
Spa and the Nordschleiffe from AC are my favorites.

My top 5 in no order
Road America
Brands Hatch Indy
Suzuka East
Lime Rock Park
Watkins Glen

Honorable Mention's
Daytona Road Course
C1 Area
Suzuka
Tsukuba Circuit
Enna Pergusa
Nordschleife
circuit de la sarthe
Mosport

Hm. As a young teenager playing Geoff Crammond's GP2 and GP3 my favorite track was definitely Monaco, for its rich heritage in F1 motorsporting, as well as for the scenery, which was far more interesting than any other track could offer at the time.

Having returned to simracing in 2014, when I finally got myself a T500RS, I settled on a few favorite tracks:
- Spa in Asseto Corsa: because, well, it's really that good a track.
- Interlagos in AMS: my home circuit, and a fun one at that. Also, driving *anything* in AMS is a joy, so, yea.
- Bridgehampton, mod for AC: pure pleasure to drive. An easygoing, relaxing track to go around, and the environment reminds me of the beachside roads I drive from time to time IRL.
- Honorable mentions: Barcelona, Suzuka, Monaco, Macau.

lilski's Bridgehampton for AC. It was my favorite when I was racing cars ... and it's my favorite now. lilski did an awesome job recreating the place.

Bathurst. The one available for AC isn't quite correct, but I do love this track.

I don't know the process required, but AC needs to make both of these official content.

Also ... maybe this should have been a poll, so the PTB could get an idea of what is wanted by the community. I'm thinking 2 polls would be needed. It's almost impossible to name just one favorite track.

One more thing ... if you haven't watched any racing at Bathurst, you really are missing out on something. Just do a search for "Improved Production Bathurst" on Youtube. It's some of the best racing you'll ever see.

Last edited:
I have 3:

Nordschleife from Assetto Corsa

Thomson Road Grand Prix, modded track from Fat-Alfie, for Assetto Corsa. Vegetation is absolutely brilliant, and tops every original track

Laguna Seca in Project Cars. Feels brilliant, and looks brilliant..when you are uphill you can see miles into the landscape..absolutely love it.

Bring on a laserscanned Bathurst, and i guess it would also get into contention

Isn't the iRacing version lascerscanned? At least I thought they'd scan all of their tracks.

1. Bathurst
2. Old Hockenheim
3. Zandvoort
4. Cadwell park
5. Fasturd Enduro (Nascar 2003)
6. Spa
7. Macao
8. Daytona Road course
9. Solitude 64
10. IOM (GPL)

And many many others

If I'f had to choose just one, then it would be Pixsim's Nogaro for rF2. Pure fun with lighter open wheelers, such as USF2000 and even GT3s.
Other favourites:
Oulton Park. Some same qualities than Nogaro, but suits with faster cars cars too (Classic layout).
Road America. Oldschool cool.

Some other great tracks: Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca, Bathurst and Red Bull Ring for modern F1s.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back