Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Racing Track

#1 - Bathurst, it's perfect for almost any car in any sim
#2 - Daytona, road course, superspeedway, backstretch short oval, Speedway Blvd. (the fictional street circuit that went under the grandstands), something for everyone there
#3 - Watkins Glen, it's just so perfect, every corner is hugely satisfying

Jeeeeezzzz....what a question. So many track, layouts in different games:O_o:
R3E: Bathurst
AMS: all of them:inlove:
rF2: Sebring (need more bumps) / Silverstone
Pcars: Le Mans
AC: Mugello

But...call me back after an hour and the change is big that the list changed (except for AMS:D)

It has to be the Nordschleife.

Not only because of all the myths going on around it but also the challenges it offers every single lap in every car you take it around. It is a new challenge every time and that's what really makes it the best racetrack in the world. :)

Hmm there combinations of car+track that are my favorites (all in Assetto Corsa):
  1. Nordschleife in a Ruf Yellowbird
  2. VIR Grand West Course in a street car, say Porsche 718 Cayman S or BMW Z4
  3. Bridgehampton in a Lotus 49
  4. Zandvoort in the Porsche 718 Spyder RS
  5. Spa in the Lotus 98T
  6. Miseluk again in a Ruf Yellowbird
  7. Longford 67 in a Shelby Cobra
  8. Riverside Long in a Porsche 917/30

I will :)... Instanbul was (is) a great track so is Bejing and so is Sepang.

As for sims... I'll with with GPL Silverstone just because I was always winning there :D
Hmm GPL Silverstone I agree, it was the only track I could win against AI.. probably because they were slowing down in the wrong places :D. Great to drive it in AC!

Like some of you I find it hard to limit to 1, so here's some that are at/near the top of my list:

1. Putnam Park for rF2. Greatest track of all time! Just wish I could "race" there...the AI basically stop in the middle of the track at the last corner every lap, making running anything other than a solo practice worthless. Awesome track!!
2. VIR. I think this is much nicer in rF2 (whether permission was granted or not) than it is in AC, but I'll gladly play it in either SIM.
3. Tor Poznan for rF2 & AC. feels3 (rF2) & szymik (AC) both made fantastic versions of this track for these SIMs.
4. Weissach for rF1. It's a bit bumpy, but I absolutely love the layout(s) for this one.
5. lots & lots more

Targa Florio in GPL.

Impossible to drive if you don't know it, difficult to learn, but extremely satisfying when you do.... it has a huge variety of corners, most of them blind. One of the biggest driving challenges in simracing, I reckon.

Plus, building it with GPL's primitive track building tools was an astonishing achievement. :thumbsup:

Laserscanned Nordschleife in AC (and now other sims) is also fantastic, Clermont-Ferrand in GPL is great.
Playing Grand Prix legends since 2001 without any stop I would say any track in that sim, but it is not serious.
As I only know very much GPL, I would say : Charade, known as Clermont-Ferrand 1965, Bathurst and the Green Hell, and some others I raced on along years ;-)

I will :)... Instanbul was (is) a great track so is Bejing and so is Sepang.

As for sims... I'll with with GPL Silverstone just because I was always winning there :D

Hah fair enough Kunos, I'll even admit a certain weakness for Sepang myself. The 12h there is just... so blingy. :D

#1) Watkins Glen: I loved the 67' version in GPL but the new versions are fun also, lots of passing opportunities.
#2) Mosport: A great combination of a large variety of corners. But not so long it takes a week to learn it.
#3) Dubai GP: PCars, a twisty track with some short and long straights mixed in to let you get your nose in and force a pass. Loved running both the Group 5 and the Lotus 98T Renault there, great racing.
bmw_320_gruppe5.jpg

Oh, I forgot about AMS and GSC, I love Brazilian tracks, they are so much different than what we have in US or Europe!

"RaceDepartment asks our readers to pick their all time favourite sim racing track, across any simulation, any platform and any era...."
"Which is your favourite sim racing track, from any game, any era and either mod or first party, and why?"
I thought we were supposed to name 1 track, not 10.

• Deleted member 130869

Impossible to have a single favorite, so my cream of the top of the crop list:
GP2, GP3, GP4 - Hockenheim
GPL - Rouen, Mosport, Spa, Watkins Glen
GTR 2 - Spa
SBK 2001 - Suzuka, Monza
F1C - Montréal, Suzuka, A1 Ring
GSC 2013 - Spielberg, Montréal
iRacing - Suzuka. I'm sure I'd love others I favor but this is the only one I drove there.
rFactor 1 or 2 - Historic Monza and Spa

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%