Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Car and Track Combo

DTM 92 at Portimao Algarve circuit in Raceroom. The circuit just flows and has great undulations and fast sweepers combined with the wonderful DTM 92 cars. Superb. I feel S3 got it spot on as I have done a couple of motorcycle track days here and it looks the same and almost feels the same. Hard to put into words actually.
I totally agree that this track is my favorite and your description @Andy Jackson is spot on! I prefer open top P2 cars but most high speed cars are just so fun to drive on this track and I love driving it in R3E (especially with their update of VR). I love that it is wide enough to pass but has a lot of challenging turns and elevation changes! I agree that the speed and flow of this track is hard to put into words - so, I just grin a lot:D

GROUP 5 @ Dubai GP Project Cars - No aides
Short and long straight mixed in for good wheel to wheel action.
Cars have enough slip to make mistakes plausible, and enough grip and power to really burn some rubber.

Ride 2
Kanto Temple - Honda RC45
Ulster GP - Yamaha FZR 750R
Macau - RC45
North West 200 - Kawasaki H2R (Bats**t mental bike)

Ok so it's not "cars" I'm a bike nut with no bike so can only get my two wheel kicks via gaming, Ride 2 itches that nicely (although far from perfectly)

Iracing - Porsche 911 Cup.
Great force feedback, best in the industry. Amazing tire model- best in simracing. Great technical track, created by Iracing using the best laser scanning technology.

Right at this moment in time, for pure grins and fun times, it's Caterhams at Brands Hatch in rF2 thanks to modders. So tail-happy, big fun sliding round all those bends :)

I also love other open wheelers, prototypes and touring cars, along with Donington, Zolder, Imola, Oulton.. but I can't think of a specific combo I've had more fun with than the one given.

Last edited:
HistoriX Jaguar MkII @ Targa Florio

Touring Car Legends Volvo 240 Turbo (Any car in that mod really) @ Mount Panorama Bathurst

Touring Car Legends Ford Mustang @ Lakeside International Raceway (Simple yet hard to master to perfection circuit)

HSO Super Touring Vauxhall Cavalier '95 @ Knockhill (I've always loved Knockhill and driving it with those older ST's are great fun)

F1 1991 Coloni C4 @ Adelaide Street Circuit 80-88 or so (Carrera's one)

I have always liked lime rock park and a modified formula ford at lime rock park on race 07. I also enjoy the skippy at lime rock park in rf2. Stock car v8 at cascavel in AMS, and the formula trainer at brands hatch in AMS is nice too.

Raceroom
gt3s at bathurst spa and nords, dtm 92 sachsenring and mid ohio, modern dtm zandvoort, group5 suzuka and laguna seca, wtcc(any) macau, prototypes portimao
AMS
V8 supercars phillip island,interlagos and road atlanta

AMS: Everything on every track (except for carts and dirt). For now im racing the Metalmoro (MR18) @ Cascavel which i started for the twentiest time as i keep spinning out half the race (50 laps).
rF2: Bentley from the GT3 World series mod @ Sebring
R3E: Radical @ Bathurst / Portimoa
AC: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport @ VIR
Pcars: Alpine A450 @ Le Mans (only practice without AI)

RF2 - skip barber @ Limerock NC, Sebring

PnG - GT40 @ Brno

R3E - Volvo 240, BMW 635, M1 Procar @ Raceroom circuit all layouts...

AMS - 360R and 911RSR @ all tracks!

AC - e30 DTM @ Gentrack1.... Porsche 917k @ Rouen Les Essarts and spa 67...

F1 2016 - Merc @ Singapore and Abu Dhabi

iRacing - Mustang @ Nords..... 911 @ Road Atlanta

PCars - Z4 GT3 @ Brno in the Wet

Mario Kart 8 - Shy Guy @ Wild Woods and Ribbon Road ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%