Have Your Say: Who do YOU want to win the Championship in Abu Dhabi?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton.jpg

With a Formula One World Drivers Championship up for grabs this weekend at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, who would you most like to see life the championship trophy at the end of the race?

It's down to two drivers, Nico Rosberg is looking to take his first World Championship and Lewis Hamilton his fourth. Who would you most like to see win out at the end? Cast your vote in our poll and leave a comment as to your reasoning below...

Let's see who has the biggest following this season at RaceDepartment!

You can see from the picture who should win it more than the other, Rosber has a yellow helmet (poor) and Hamilton has a gold helmet (too rich).

Nico Rosberg.
Why? Because this season he has driven at a new level and deserves a championship for the commitment, speed and determination he has shown. Being a team mate to Hamilton can't be easy, and Rosberg has proven to be a surprisingly tough team mate in their partnership together.

I like Hamilton's style on track, but in recent years I've been getting more and more disappointed in they way he presents himself off track. Sure he's a great driver, but I'm slowly losing respect for him as a person with some of the things he says and does.

End of the day, Rosberg has been very strong against legends such as Schumacher and now Hamilton, and always seems to pick himself up from setbacks and work harder to achieve what he sets out for himself. That is an impressive skill and shows a strong character behind the charming smile.

Whoever wins this year will deserve it, but for me a Rosberg win would be the sweeter result.

LEWIS HAMILTON:

After winning 2 championships with mercedes the team decided to move his team to Rosberg the slacker of the team. Throughout the season he outperformed his teammate most of the times. his failure to make proper starts is the thing that gave Nico an edge aswell as his blown engine. Losing at a start has nothing to do with racing and thus i am still not convinced of the belongings in F1 for Rosberg. Further i DO believe Toto Wolff and friends did whatever they could to prevent Lewis from winning this season. We will see who wins everything is possible.

Rosberg seems to be working harder, I think he deserves it. So Rosberg.

I am never fan of anything, but Hamilton was always very special driver to me. By the way, I think most F1 drivers lacks charisma these days. I might go for Verstappen next season, who cares that he sometimes Verstappen somebody, too much correctness everywhere.

Nico Rosberg.
Because he deserve it first and foremost.
Secondly Hamilton already had 3, so technically he already is and always will be a world champion, having a 4th although I am sure he will appreciate it, does not mean as much as the first for Nico.
Is Hamilton faster than Nico? in some situation, maybe.
Was Michael faster than both, absolutely.
World champion is about dominating a particular season, in 2016 Nico did just that and let's hope it will be holding until the end.

Please none of them.
Does anybody has an idea what exactly has to happen in Abu Dhabi for them both to get disqualified from the championship? I'm not a fan of Ricciardo either, but that'd be still better than the Mercedes dudes.

im a hamilton fan,always have been,what he does off track is his own affair(remember James Hunt??)..If it had,nt have been for mechanical problems,been run off the track,blah,blah,he would have won 3 races ago..Rosberg only looks good in a good car,cant stand pressure hates the rain...Lets see him up sticks, go to a brand new privateer team and win a world championship...Then i just might eat my words..

I normally never prefer one driver / rider over another - let / hope the best man & team combination win. However, I make exceptions if someone behaves without sportsmanship therefore lowering their status and effectively raising the competitors support. Despite Nico having upped his game this year, he seriously let himself down with extremely questionable manoeuvres in the Austrian and German GPs, so I'm rooting for Hamilton now. Plus I hate when Rosberg is beaten by Hamilton, Nico doesn't seem that upset and goes into PR mode - a "true" racer would be f'd off that he wasn't competitive.

I'm always surprised when people complain about Hamiltons off track behaviour and yet somehow are fine with the likes of Vettel, Rosberg, young Alonso etc. who were/are absolutely whinny pricks.

Take Vettel's outburst at Mexico and how the commentators said it was so out of character for him, BS!! He has always been like that it was almost identical to his complaining at Abu Dhabi a few years ago when he was racing for the title and lost his **** ended up driving into a foam distance marker in his rage being stuck behind someone and almost crashing out.

Rosberg. Just because Ham. sometimes thinks he is the god on track : Drives some unfair and hard -not sportsman alike- manouvers at the start of a race like in Canada this year, Austin,... . Pushing his teammate off. the track to gain an very important position at the very beginning of a race (well, that's why he does it ;)).
Defending the position in a race -like Rosberg in Austria- is another story, that's "correct" an ok for me.
But what Ham. does is different, he (Ham.) did this kind of thing "too" often now for me.

He can play a sports god (or trying to achive / be it in the end of the career) off the track, that's ok though on the other hand (no problem with that).
Some more spiritual stuff like that is good for today's (opposite kind of) life.

Also if Rosberg worked "harder" to compensate for the skills of Hamiltion, he just deserved it.
A simple as that. And I like this thinking, because it at least also leads to be more constistant everywhere on track as well overall.
So, Rosberg this time. Maybe I'm equally for Ham. later on in the future again, but only if he plays correctly -less selfishly hard- on track in certain situations.

Both of them are worthy world champions, but I do want Nico to win the world championship.

Nico has gained my respect this season. He's become more ruthless and aggressive (sometimes too aggressive but he's fine most of the time. Some of his penalties have been unfair in terms of the stewards being inconsistent). He's also coping brilliantly under pressure. Mexico and Malaysia showed this. Under pressure to get results after a tough weekend/being taken out, and he delivered. He's driving like Prost in the sense that he is doing what he needs to do. He's stayed out of trouble. He's taken advantage of his teammates poor starts and problems. If I'm honest, I thought Hamilton was going to win the world title before the summer break, but Rosberg has really upped his game this season. It's been the best season of his career, and he deserves to cap it off in style

Lucky? At times, but you can argue Hamilton has been lucky at points this season. In a way, both are lucky that Ferrari and Red Bull have made cock ups on a several occasions, and Rosberg hasn't had a season without problems. He had the grid penalty in Austria which cost him dearly in the end and brake problems in Monaco. He's also had a lot of car management to do at times and he's done a good job of it.

Also most world champions need a bit of luck at times. Remember 2008, Hamilton needed some luck to win that world title (and that came in the form of Massa's two mechanical failures) but you never queston the credibility of that world title.

He seriously let himself down with extremely questionable manoeuvres in the Austrian and German GPs

Looking back on that Germany move, I say fair game. Other drivers have done a lot worse and have gotten away with it this season. So he made one dirty move. Better than most drivers on the grid.

Does anybody has an idea what exactly has to happen in Abu Dhabi for them both to get disqualified from the championship?

For them both to try a Schumi move on eachother at the same time :D Unlikely but I would love to see Ricciardo win the championship ;)

I'm always surprised when people complain about Hamiltons off track behaviour and yet somehow are fine with the likes of Vettel, Rosberg, young Alonso etc. who were/are absolutely whinny pricks.

Take Vettel's outburst at Mexico and how the commentators said it was so out of character for him, BS!! He has always been like that it was almost identical to his complaining at Abu Dhabi a few years ago when he was racing for the title and lost his **** ended up driving into a foam distance marker in his rage being stuck behind someone and almost crashing out.

Rosberg whines no less than Hamilton does. Saying one of the two whines more than the others is nonsence in my opinion.

Vettel I put down to bottled up frustrations after a challenging season and Ferrari losing all momentum from 2015. He's been costed a few wins because of Ferrari's BS logic with strategies (**** Ferrari by the way, lost all respect for them). I get Vettel's radio outburst. I think I would have done the same in his position.

Further i DO believe Toto Wolff and friends did whatever they could to prevent Lewis from winning this season

The guy in charge of the Mercedes power units is British. If Toto didn't want Lewis to win the world title, why the hell did Lewis win the title in 2014 and 2015? Mercedes also want to win the constructors championship, and they would have not have passed up on that opportunity in Malaysia to screw someone over. It would ruin Mercedes's credibility if there was sabotage, so it's a ridiculous theory

Lets see him up sticks, go to a brand new privateer team and win a world championship

No one, not even our lord and saviours Max Verstappen or Lewis Hamilton could win the world championship in a brand new privateer team. Silly argument imo.

If it had,nt have been for mechanical problems,been run off the track,blah,blah,he would have won 3 races ago

Nah he wouldn't have.

ROSBERG!!
hamilton is a whiner (on track)
hamilton is a bigmouth (off track)
hamilton always needs advice from the pit
hamilton pushed ROSBERG off the track @ Suzuka 2015
hamilton pushed ROSBERG off the track @ Circuit of the Americans 2015
hamilton does not speak german
I just don't like hamilton

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year