Have Your Say: What You Play When You're Not Sim Racing

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - What Games Do You Play When Not Sim Racing.jpg

Saturday, the weekend is fresh, motorsport is on telly and it's still a week away until the Grand Prix. Sounds like a good time for another 'Have Your Say' article right? We though so too..

Rumour has it that other games not involving racing virtual cars exist. This isn't my own personal understanding of the situation but my sources are usually reliable so I'm going to run with it for now..

If (heaven forbid) you have a few minutes spare not taken up with the hassle of work and real life commitments, or you find yourself in between RD club races and don't fancy challenging the AI, do you play other non motorsport related games on your PC / console / tablet or phone?

Yes I know its blasphemy admitting games not centred around sim racing exist, but they do, and people play them too.

So what I want to ask you our dear readers is this:

When not sim racing, what other games do you enjoy playing, on what platform and why?

I appreciate this isn't the usual kind of 'have your say' feature, but still I thought it might be interesting to find out what you all do away from the wonderful world of simulation motorsports!

Let us know your response in the comments and 'Have Your Say' (Ha! See what I did there)

Image credit unboxingdeals.com

DayZ (platform: PC master race), but it doesn't take long to turn it off, and get back to simracing. Because gameplay was a bit depressing in latest iterations. I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot when it is going to be finished and will support modding.... some day lol

I'd prefer to play football (platfor: Real Life) when not simracing in spare time. But you have to get a lot of people in the server to succeed.

Cities: Skylines - A Game which beats Sim City at its own game. Brilliant city simulation game, with thousands upon thousands of mods on Steam, a lot of which are amazing. Sunk countless hours into it. Worth it if you were disappointed in Sim City

Elite Dangerous - Bought this on the Xbox One and regretted it. Bought it on the PC and loved it. Brilliant fun exploring the universe.

PlayerUknowns Battlegrounds - Tense gameplay. Reminds me of DayZ, but without zombies, and a proper development team. Great gunplay.

Rainbow Six: Siege - Great micro destruction physics. A multiplayer first person shooter with a difference

The Division - I don't care if people hate Ubisoft. The Division is just plain fun.

Hitman - Love this new style of Hitman.

Used to be heavily into Battlefield and DayZ, but Battlefield 1 is lacking content and variation, whilst DayZ is lacking a quality development team.

Last edited:
Right now League of Legends is pretty much all I play outside simracing, only the ARAM mode as the traditional MOBA style (Summoners Rift) is meh and makes me fall asleep in 20 seconds lol

I have GTA V and Rise of the Tomb Raider installed that I still didn't complete the whole history, doing that few by few
Wanted to play NieR but not in the mood for the forever quest of finding the first save game and not a fan of the game going back to begining when you die. I just wanted to see the hisotry with a few game plays here and there.

Battlefield 4. Still way better game than Battlefield 1 in my opinion, lost interest in BF1 fairly quickly.

Not much else nowadays.. Wargame: Red Dragon sometimes. DOOM was epic single player shooter experience. Rising Storm 2 seems interesting, but a bit rough around the edges

Arcade racers don't light up my fire much, I rather play something totally else if it's not simracing. I need a FFB wheel to enjoy racing, and most games like latest NFS games and Forza Horizon 3 seem to think Wheel is just different looking gamepad. No good FFB, no enjoyment.

If someone would do a good cop chase racing game, with realistic FFB/physics, that would be a dream come true. With AMS or Assetto Corsa level handling, but instead circuits trying to evade cops/police helis etc. in open sandbox city with realistic traffic that obeys traffic rules, realistic damage etc. that would be epic. Or even something like Test Drive Unlimited, but with good handling.

Last edited:
I got Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Definitive Edition just after Christmas and keep gong back to it far more often since completing it recently. I'm far from the best stealth player but am really enjoying it. Generally I like rpg's like Fallout and Skyrim, also the GTA games.

Test Drive Unlimited, FIFA and some Need for Speed games, mainly Hot Pursuit. TDU is for relax, when I just want to drive and don't be bothered by anything else. HP is great action-packed game and FIFA is one of the best existing 1v1 games on one computer.

Battlefield 4. Still way better game than Battlefield 1 in my opinion, lost interest in BF1 fairly quickly.

Same, myself and another friend on here play it almost every day. We could always use another guy in our squad (the game is 900000x better with a friend on a mic). Shoot me a message if you ever want to join up.

When i'm not on AC i'm just dipping in and out of whatever.

Recently got Rainbow Six: Siege - if anyones up for jumping in a discord and having a few games lemme know! Usually a lot more fun using tactics over mic!

Nba 2K17, Motorsport Manager, and Starcraft Campaign. But I rarely play them. AMS is the first thing I'm thinking about. When I'm absolutely bored I'll play one of those three. But usually I'll just browse reddit if I'm not racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back