Have Your Say: What Tracks Have You Visited In Real Life?

Anderstorp
Gelleråsen
Kinnekulle Ring
Knutstorp
Knockhill
Does seeing the sign Nordschleife counts ;) Still angry i didn´t do the detour. Was on Biketour in Europa in the early 90´s, had a sour bum by that time into trip . Just wanna go home :) a big regret. Thought i had time to revisit it next year on me bike . But it never happened , i crashed quite bad a year later and had to quit riding bikes :(.

Wow, what an impressive traveller ..a real globe trotter..was it only for spectate racing, or you traveled so much for work too ?
Hey Brice thanks for that. It does sound impressive but some were cheats.
I'm originally from the UK so went to all the UK based circuits.
Brother and I decide to go Italy for Monza just for the sake of it. Which was awesome.
Then I met my girlfriend who soon became my Wife. She was in to travel in a big way and I was in to Motorsport so we melded the two together and took in Sepang, Singapore, Spain and CoTA.
CoTA was amazing as it was part of a large road trip across southern America from Texas to Miami. First one was LA to Hawaii, for a wedding, then to San Francisco and back to LA.

I also managed to get some corporate tickets at work for hospitality to Le Mans, whilst still living in the UK, so took my Mum as it's been on her bucket list for years. Really got to see how the other half live that weekend. I'd never seen so much champagne... lol

My wife is half Malaysian and I managed to get a job in KL so we moved here so that's how I got to go to Sepang and the City GP. My father in law got free tickets as his office overlooked the circuit.
We also have friends from London living in Singapore so went to stay with them for the night race a couple of times

Been a lot of fun but now we have a little one it's all about sim racing when I can and trying to keep up with racing now and then IRL on tv...

Last edited:
Silverstone
Pembrey
Hockenheim
Nürburgring
Lausitzring
Norisring
Zandvoort
Spa
Barcelona
Jerez
Valencia (Ricardo Tormo)
Monza
Imola
Red Bull Ring
Hungaroring
Most
Moscow Raceway
Pau (Street Circuit)
Macau
Daytona
Laguna Seca
Abu Dhabi
Loheac

That should be it ;)

Last edited:
Waterford Hills: More of a club circuit in Southeast Michigan.

Detroit F1 GP: 1982-1984. The first three years F1 came to downtown Detroit. The feeling in my chest as those engines roared at the standing start is still with me.

Detroit, Belle Isle - IMSA/Indy: Been a few times. Found ourselves walking next to Mario Andretti for a short while in the paddock. Too awestruck to say anything, though. Also got to see Rubens Barrichello and Tacuma Sato up close - two heroes of mine. Another time I was really impressed to see Scott Pruett, all sweaty and just out of the car from a practice session, talking to a group of inner city school kids while everyone else was having lunch.

Michigan International Speedway, 2012: My brother-in-law used to work with Marcos Ambrose, so my son and I got to be his guests for the Quicken Loans 400 that June. Marcos won pole position with a speed of 203.241 mph. Unfortunately his race didn't go as well, but it was an awesome experience. We were in his trailer during the rain delay that weekend when, to fill time, the TV announcers inevitably asked Marcos about Vegemite sandwiches. He brought some out on kids party plates for them to try. :)

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal: Never for a race unfortunately, but I've ridden my bicycle around the circuit many times. I used to work on a freighter that went to Montreal and Quebec City, but never was able to time it quite right. On two occasions, though, I could hear the F1 engines scream by as we passed the island during race weekends. Made me want to jump overboard and swim ashore. ;-)

UK:
Oulton Park
Three Sisters Kart Circuit
Anglesey (
pre and post modernisation)
Aintree
Mallory Park
Donington
Silverstone
Croft
Llandow
Isle of Man TT