Have Your Say: What Tracks Have You Visited In Real Life?

Mid-Ohio (Driven a trackday and watched ALMS, Indy)
Sebring (watched several 12hrs, and 2017 Trans Am)
Daytona (Driven a roadcourse trackday and it was incredible.)
Palm Beach International Raceway. (formerly Moroso. Watched national Drag races and local drift competition. They also have a great kart track.)
Homestead Miami (Driven a roadcourse trackday)
Bristol Speedway (watched several Nascar races in a drunken stooper)
Kentucky Speedway (watched nascar high on that kentucky grass..)
Talladega (watched a whole nascar weekend and barely made it out alive.)
Eldora Speedway (watched several Prelude to the Dreams, nascar Truck series, protrucks with jumps in the track, and monster trucks of course!)
Atlanta Motor Speedway (watched nascar and after the race got kicked off the track while trying to take a lap on my bicycle, lol)

I understand the above list makes me look like an american dip-spittin redneck, but really I just like to party, haha.

P.s. I've also ran the Tail of the Dragon a couple times in my mr2, does that count?

In 2010 I been at Spa and the Nürburgring. I been at Buenos Aires F1 GP in 1998 too, and I was able to drive the circuit later in 2012.

When I was at Florida last year, I tried to visit Daytona and Sebring, but they told me I had to sign before to have a tour.

Detroit GP - F1 (marshalled)
Belle Isle GP Detroit - Indycar - worked in pits
Mt Clemens Raceway (driven oval and figure 8, that was nuts)
Toledo Speedway (oval - driven)
Waterford Hills (first time driving on a road course)
Grattan Raceway (driven)
Road America (driven & spectated)
Mid Ohio (driven & spectated)
Road Atlanta (driven & spectated)
Indianapolis (F1 inaugural and many Indy 500) Was there when Danny Sullivan spun right in front of me, Barely missing Andretti and then going on to win. F1 Inaugural was awesome.
Montreal (Spectated)
Texas Motor speedway (Spectated)
Virginia International Raceway (Spectated)
Watkins Glen (driven & spectated)

Only the Nürburgring / Nordschleife. My first time as a visitor at 2012 in the VLN Series. In the pit lane, i fell in love with the SLS GT3 caused from the sound:D The next stop will be the Hockenheimring... It´s 100 km´s away from my home...

Milwaukee Mile for IndyCar. Several times.
Iowa Speedway IndyCar again.
Road America Once for IndyCar.
Indinapolis Motor Speedway for the Indy GP, doing the 500 this year!
Toronto Streets for IndyCar once.
Gateway Motorsports Park for Nascar trucks twice. Doing IndyCar there this year.
Chicagoland Speedway for Nascar twice.

If anyone is familiar with karting, I've run the Rock Island Grand Prix a few times.

Been to Albert Park 4 times since 2001 (when I was a young tacker :D) for the GP, most recent being this year.
But by far it's been more fun that I've run a 10km State Championship road race on the back end of the circuit, an up-back-up-back course starting between Turn 5 and 6, running all the way down to Turn 13 and back up, finishing in the stadium on the inside of T5. Fantastic stuff.

Similarly, not that I've been there for a race day, but been to Sandown for a road race too, looks quite flat but it really isn't when you're starting to struggle into the second lap and you have to go up the backside of the circuit :D

Early - mid ninetees i entered Spa at the busstop for the F1 race. Clenched my fingers at the fence while Jaque Villeneuve came around the corner and accelarated his V10(?) BAR at about 8 foot away. Still hear the peep in my ears:thumbsup:

Not many tracks that I visited so far:

Zolder
1981 for the BMW M1 Procar Cup - what a sound!

Nürburgring
1992 a friend won a Formula Renault driver training

Norisring
1991-1993 DTM - quite cool to see a Michael Schumacher in the paddock at a time when hardly anybody knew him yet

Spa-Francorchamps
1993 Formula 1 friday (the only ticket I could afford)
2015 Classic Races
2016 Blancpain 24 hours

• Bathurst / Mount Panorama (2017 12 Hour)
  • Eastern Creek / Sydney Motorsport Park (2013 Top Gear Festival)
  • Queensland Raceway (V8 Supercars 2004/2005/2014/2016, Australian Superbikes 2013)
I've also been to Rally Australia every year it was held since it moved to the east coast of Australia, plus I've been on part of the Surfers Paradise street circuit while it was being prepared for the V8 Supercars round.

Boy, sim games are so realistic now, I need to think hard to separate my fantasies from tracks I've actually been to...

u6zdS2x.png

OK, I think I've actually been to these tracks:

Laguna Seca - CART, IMSA GTP, ALMS, FIA GT*, Moto GP before it was called Moto GP (saw Mick Doohan), World Superbike, historics
Sears Point / Sonoma - IndyCar, AMA Superbikes
California Speedway / Auto Club Speedway - CART
Indianapolis (road course layout) - F1
San Jose street circuit - Champ Car
Thunderhill - motorcycle track days
Shannonville (near Toronto)

Late edit: I totally forgot, I drove an F2000 car at Shannonville when the Bridgestone school was there years ago.

*FIA GT in the days of the Mercedes CLK-GTR, Porsche GT1, McLaren F1. Incredible!

Last edited:
Pooh gotta think where have I been to. Mostly in Holand and Belgium. But some tracks on vacation when I was there.

Assen TT Circuit
Zandvoort GP
Zolder
Spa
LeMans
Nordschleife / Nürburgring GP circuit
Laguna Seca
Daytona Int Speedway
Norisring
Hungaroring
Enna Pergusa

Damn ! Nogaro is not so "small" ;) (for a long time it was the only track I could test my vmax^^)
and Albi is....I leave in Pau, so it have to be my love track, but Albi for me is so "special" (even if the new chicane introduced in 2009 is weird and dangerous) ..A "little Monza" in my opinion ;)
Don't really know in wich decade you were here, but if it was before the 1990's , i've heard so much good things about the layout (very fast)
@++
Same here, I was in Toulouse then so 100 km away from those tracks. And yes, it was between 1985 and 1990, Albi was really fast then… Even small cars were impressive! :)

I forgot to mention going to Zandvoort too when visiting Amsterdam, but I only walked around and saw it from the dunes; no racing there this day, it was closed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back