Have Your Say: What Tracks Have You Visited In Real Life?

Automotodrom Brno,Autodrom Most (home country ;) )
From others country I pick what I like the most:
Circuit of the Americas,Circuit de Catalunya,Jerez,Mugello,Imola,Misano, Monza,Assen,Silverstone,Le Mans,Donington,Brands Hatch ,Oulton Park,Cadwell Park,Nurburgring (and Green hell) ,Estoril (I had a big crash there :() ,Spa,Suzuka,Sepang,Laguna Seca,Sebring, Daytona,Phillip Island... And "some" more :cool:
and yes ... for many years I´m part of the several racing teams ;)

I've been to those tracks:

Spa, 2 times (the second time was for a race called the 24h of 2CV)
Paul Ricard 2 times (FIA WEC Prologue 2016 for the 1st time and GT Tour for the second but I came for the VTR Tour)
Nimes-Ledenon (GT Tour but again, for the VTR Tour(this was the first)
Le Mans (way before the 24h, I could compete on a racing simulator against LMP2 driver Vincent Capillaire)

Canberra Street Circuit: I got to go to the first 2 events, Great time but bloody freezing. If you've seen the famous image(of course you have) of Ambrose losing a wheel and tyre and it continuing down the track and landing on the tyre barrier perfectly lined up, I am in the crowd you see on the left just before the chicane.

Wakefield Park: In later life, I've been for rounds of the Aus Supertruck Series. When at High School, I was lucky as my friend was the son of the then manager, Garry Wilmington. Several times, I got to go up with him and a couple of friends and stay in one of the ex-Sydney Olympic villages houses on-site for several days and watch free motorsport.

Nürburgring Nordschleife 24 hours (2012 and 2014, I even met Kazunori Yamauchi there!)
Paul Ricard (WEC Prologue 2012 or 2013, can't remember)

A few pictures. Good times

nürb 206.jpg nürb audi 2.jpg nürb gtr.jpg nürb haribo.jpg nürb schwedenkreuz.jpg nürb spectateur.jpg nurb4.jpg nurb6.jpg polric audi.jpg polric mako.jpg

Last edited:
My list....
  • Le Mans
  • Donington Park
  • Silverstone
  • Thruxton
  • Brands Hatch
  • Goodwood Hillclimb and Goodwood Circuit
  • Abu Dhabi Circuit
Depending on what you mean by visiting/seeing a racing track but here's a few more...
  • Monza (although it was a weekday visit and I just felt like walking the banking...:laugh:)
  • Imola (I was travelling past and wanted to see the circuit and pay my respects to the Senna memorial)
  • Le Val Des Terres Hillclimb....;)

Last edited:
I've visited the Hungaroring 2 times now. 1st was when I was around 5-6 years old, I don't know what kind of event was, but it was awesome, and later I attended a Renault Series event. Unfortunately that's it.

Somehow, despite being a Motorsport nut, I've not been to many but not a bad selection so far;

Le Mans, France (2013 WEC 24hr) - Awesome atmosphere. A must do for petrol heads.
Daytona, Fl. USA (2014 Coke Zero 400 NASCAR) - Noise!! Better than I thought it would be.
Spa, Belgium (2014 F1 Grand Prix) - Lewis v Nico, the beginning of the end! Great track to watch from.

Also been to the Goodwood Fos and the Revival as well as Donington Park (Musuem, track day) and some hillclimbs in the UK. Looks like I'm off to watch the BTCC at Oulton Park in the next couple of weeks too.

Ummm the local drag strip.:(
Unfortunately I live about 600 miles away from any type of famous track. Either Circuit of the Americas or Phoenix International Raceway are the closest options. You chaps in Europe are lucky to have so many tracks!

Have been to these Tracks:

Hockenheim - Formula 1, 2016. It was a birthday gift and good fun to watch.
Zandvoort - Track Driving in 2016 which was really good!
Oschersleben - My Home Track 1 hour from where I live. I have visited the DTM and the ADAC GT Masters with there support series several times (I think nearly every year from 2008 on). Will visit the GT Masters in four weeks time and I am looking forward to it. Love these GT3 cars, the looks and sounds.
Lausitzring - Have visited it for a driver training next to it. We had meal on the main strait and saw a DTM Team running tests on the track.

Zandvoort
TT-circuit assen
Spa-franchorchamps

and i don't remember anything from it, but at a very young age my parents went to an event on the old hockenheim, so i've been there, but don't remember a single thing

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%