Have Your Say: What is the Worst Sim Car You Have Ever Driven?

Just the road legal 720. I somewhat like the other 2 versions of the Ultima, but I know a guy who owned 2 Ultima's in real life, likes Automobilista but thinks that all the AMS Ultimas are really bad, that also painted the picture for me a bit.
The 720 is the best of the pack for me, the beast I want occasionally:D.

But I see where that feedback came from. AMS cars feel really not right compared to real cars imo. Just some of them they nail it to make it fun in their own way. Their tyre model is way too bad to make it enjoyable at competitive speeds.

From the mods general standpoint it has to be the early versions of AC formula E mod. I've never seen a car that weird to drive in any sim, and that coming in AC is quite drastic.
Although Enduracers deserve a mention as well for extremely unrealistic physics given the scale of the work done. I bet racing teams would love to put their tires to use irl, as I've never seen rubber behave so well at 300C.

Default content I've never had a major issue in any sim with a particular car, but I've never driven the F2 in rF2 (insert funny pun here). So yeah...

But I see where that feedback came from. AMS cars feel really not right compared to real cars imo. Just some of them they nail it to make it fun in their own way. Their tyre model is way too bad to make it enjoyable at competitive speeds.
I think they feel the most right out of any sim. Have you tried to set the "MaxForceAtSteeringRack=" to maybe ~20-30% lower values in the RealFeelPlugin.ini(lower values->stronger feedback), lower the smoothing too and have your FFB master cranked up, then set the "FFB low force" in-game to a lower value.
It feels perfectly accurate to me and I always understand what the car is doing or why it doesn't perform like I want it to. Pure self-aligning torque + good driver-eye camera/world-movement = 100% awesome.

Most cars in Iracing. I love the quality of the car models but that sense of connection is lacking for most cars. The MX5 is actually one of the best ones of the bunch.
AC and AMS have their unique way of communicating to the driver but in sims like iracing/R3E, I find myself doing a lot of guess work.
If I were to pick a specific car, it would be the Audi R8 LMS in Iracing.

I don't think it's considered a Sim ;) ..........but every car in F1 2014 if it's unmodded.

And yes the Pcars F1 Lotuses can be really bad, especially the 49......

I think they feel the most right out of any sim. Have you tried to set the "MaxForceAtSteeringRack=" to maybe ~20-30% lower values in the RealFeelPlugin.ini(lower values->stronger feedback), lower the smoothing too and have your FFB master cranked up, then set the "FFB low force" in-game to a lower value.
It feels perfectly accurate to me and I always understand what the car is doing or why it doesn't perform like I want it to. Pure self-aligning torque + good driver-eye camera/world-movement = 100% awesome.
It isn't much the FFB feel. Aside from dead zone at the center (G27 issue rather than AMS), it feels natural. It is just the tire modeling that has too few contact zones simulated, so it is an on-off switch for grip.
rF2 suffers from the same issue to some extent, but more related to exxagerated temperature curves than contact patch.

The only car in F1 2016. :O_o:
Seriously the understeer is just dreadful. Maybe it's ok when you only play that game, but coming from other sims it feels beyond awful. Refund incoming.

Just the road legal 720. I somewhat like the other 2 versions of the Ultima, but I know a guy who owned 2 Ultima's in real life, likes Automobilista but thinks that all the AMS Ultimas are really bad, that also painted the picture for me a bit.

It took me ages to understand how to drive the GTR Ultima Race, but after changing its set-up and my driving style it became one of the most exciting (and tricky) sim cars I've ever tried - a real adrenaline rush.

However, the GTR 720 is a racehorse that goes like the wind and, without warning, chucks you over a hedge, then jumps over that hedge and stamps you in the face.

EDIT: By the way, I think Automobilista is fantastic.

Last edited:
I dont know about sims, but back in the days when one of my idol drivers some Mika Häkkinen started to get success finally. I played former games until the disks went broke (95/97), so i was waiting this like the raising sun. F1-'98. Oh lord was i disappointed... :( Thats have been haunting me since, why they did have to ruin the series just then? Driving in that game... I cannot describe how it was, just total sh.. Still mad about it...:mad:

everything bar AC cars..end of.....:roflmao: Sorry, people accused me of being a fan boy, so could not resist that one.

Well I am not sure to be honest. The one that sticks in my mind was the Mazda Miata for AC that was released on here. There was so much hype and looked amazing, but the handling was just :( really disappointed.

I don't tend to download a lot in all honesty, but I guess every car has it's good points for one person and bad points for another

Shaun

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years