Have Your Say: What Cars or Series Would You Most Like to See in Modern Sims?

A sim that build a foundation of the best physics and FFB and release with one full popular series to draw in customers, and then release full blown series DLC's that cover a series with a few tracks per DLC. I wouldnt mind paying full game price for each DLC. Of course not everyone thinks that way, but just sayin'. :)

WEC , DTM ,and Super Touring (BTCC) old eras and those times tracks
To be able to race on the older legendary tracks is quite a thrill - in the days when Motorsport was really dangerous. When us old toppies ( geezers ) only read about in in old passed on motor car magazines. You had to use your pocket money if you wanted a new magazine !

We have on market the sims with wide range of cars and tracks. And devs put them more and more. But, in my opinion, few cars and tracks in decent formula have more sense. It will be great to participate on our rigs in really simulated Blancpain series. With all range of cars, tracks and the rules of the series. From sprint to 24hours. Like in other fields of life, all good stories must have the proem, the development, and the conclusion. Give to the sim racers a simgame with some idea! Blancpain series!:geek::roflmao::laugh::thumbsup::)
Blancpain%20Spa.jpg

Last edited:
Group 5/drm/gtx/aagt, 70s transam, late 80s imsa transam, 70's touring cars, trackday specials (atoms, caterhams, trackday tuned skylines, supras, rx7s), some historic spec series like porsche 993 cup, miatas, american iron and then something amazing nobody knows about: modsport cars. And obviously because people are boring gt3 and f1...

I'd love to see a full fledged sim of a full series (i.e. as per the ol' GTR2 ) instead of the modern day "hot lapping" simulations.
My dream candidates would be V8 Supercars (and tracks) or BTCC (and tracks) but I suspect those two are simply pipe dreams now.
Failing that, something like a GTL2 would be nice.

My wishlist....

• Group C. Probably from the mid 80' to early 90's. The GTR2 Mod I have is fantastic but it would be amazing to have this in a fully fledged title.
  • BTCC. Doesn't matter to much to me if it's the Super Touring era or modern era but BTCC is back to it's best diversity wise. I know the game divides opinion but I would love Sector 3 to get this and build it into their game. The WTCC's are great fun. Of course it would have to have the complete track pack.
  • Blancpain Sprint and Endurance Cup would be great. Maybe this will be GTR3 (here's hoping). With some classic GT1's as a bonus would be cool.
  • Indycar. It's getting back to what it was. A dedicated title would be perfect now.
A WEC game would be great but you can kind of simulate this in our current range of titles and mods. Ok it's not perfect but it'll do for the time being.

One thing I do notice is when games were produced by smaller teams they seemed to have more freedom to produce something special. I can't honestly see a large games company giving the go ahead for a GPL type of game, it would need to be small team of enthusiasts.

Last edited:
I would love to see some NASCARs and an oval track or two in AC. The only sim to do the sport right was NR2003, and iRacing is just a waste considering how expensive the cars and tracks are for the game.
Also a game with early '90s to modern JGTC car with all of the tracks and some of the old versions of new tracks like Fuji '80s would be awesome!

Last edited:
One thing I do notice is when games were produced by smaller teams they seemed to have more freedom to produce something special. I can't honestly see a large games company giving the go ahead for a GPL type of game, it would need to be small team of enthusiasts.

GPL wasn't produced by a small team. Papyrus had around 50 people. They were owned by a large games company - Sierra.

GPL wasn't produced by a small team. Papyrus had around 50 people. They were owned by a large games company - Sierra.

Yes but I want I mean is with the cost and effort now involved in producing these titles, large games companies are less keen to produce niche or less followed series. You would maybe need manufacturer or series backing. Unless they can guarantee large profits from it they are not very interested. Which is why F1 games keep coming and others are largely being ignored.

I admire the group that have produced the current NASCAR game. Ok, it's not perfect but they are willing to try and create a title and work at it.

Complete 1997 BTCC in Assetto Corsa. I'm willing to pay $50 for complete season DLC. Modern Touring Car seems boring though.

p998459215-4.jpg
Its the modern dull cars what they are driving. Cars what was back in the days quite boring and so on normal daily drives, they just did their jobs carrying you from A to B. But when you did see your daily drive turned on to a full spec racing car, it was something else, cars looked sleek... beautiful "racy" liveryes, and memorable drivers. Its the names also that makes the thing. Back in the day it was here impossible to see example Super Touring. But when i did see the series in sports-magazine, i was always drooling. Not today... And things went like i saw example Accord with its looks and liverye and like Thompson and know his helmet, but if he was without it, i didnt regonice him, it was that hard. Only way to experience it was to play Toca ;) The hours... Ohh the hours... My point is always been also the regonicable names of the drivers. Thompson, Plato, menu, Rydell, Kox, Leslie... Etc. Same like with F1. Senna, Schumacher, Häkkinen, Mansell, Hill, Prost just keep going and goind but now, pic pac clock tik tak tok. I cant feel passion, names isnt good but many series made dull with rules and overdone aero and not enough raw power plus mechanical stuff that driver should handle. When aero stops working, then is the mechanical side split second when driver gots its meaning, but then hes on the wall already. Its like now just started F1-season. Why on earth they put more aero when should have been reduce i at least same amount to make it more mechanical?! Raw power is gone after electric came, thats why sound s..k (But v10/12.Still kings) Everything has reach such called peak and we should go back in time, but i guess everything can be here only once and we cant have the things what we haved. But still glad that there was some time i was able to see the last best eras of racing. just that i want now to be like my heroes in the past as close as possible by having sim-racing. Live your life but keep your golden memories by anyhow...:inlove:

• Deleted member 205301

60's F1
70's F1
80's F1
90's F1

50's, 60's, 70's, 80's F1.
A new grand prix legend, a new GT legend.

Cannot agree more..
Off course, that's something like a dream for me, only if it got "realist physics", and realist tracks (would be great to see tracks evolution during the time : every track had changed a lot during these time...)
@++

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing