Have Your Say: What Cars or Series Would You Most Like to See in Modern Sims?

Historical content with period circuits, i.e. GPL, not GTL.

There is a big gap in the market for this - no one is doing a full series of historical content at the moment, there are only half arsed token gestures.

Compare that to how all of the sims are overrun with modern GT, TC and F1 content which we have more than enough of already.

I wish RF2 would go in this direction but sadly the F1 / GT fanboys are the loudest and most prevalent.
The thing is, RF2 really needs to do something to separate itself from the competition and give people a reason to flock to it over the more popular competition. If it just follows their lead with the same boring content then it won't differentiate itself from the market at all.

Pre 1970s content is sorely needed. Tracks in particular changed drastically after that point There is a reason people are still stuck playing GTL or P&G, and it's very sad that people don't have any modern alternative.

Yeah, I'm suprised. I personally detest four cylinder cars and front wheel drive vehicles, but apparently a lot of folks like them.

For me, i'd like to see:
-V8 Supercars (hopefully easier to drive than iRacing)
-DTM
-IMSA (prototypes specifically)

I don't like front wheel drive hatchbacks, but I like BTCC. It's unapologetic-ally terrible. It know it isn't professional, it does reverse grids, races that are too short and has as many accidents as passes. But it embraces the fact it's not professional and concentrates on making itself fun. It's very easily accessible (unlike F1, for example, in the UK), very easy to watch as a casual fan, and provides a lot of varied content in the TV presentation - Ginettas, Formula Renaults, Clios, Porsches, etc.

Whilst FWD hatchbacks aren't necessarily everyones favourite car, it does provide good racing and BTCC has managed it very well.

I suppose this is a PC question. But on the console, the answer is simple - IndyCar. A complete IndyCar game would hake some developer very rich. I don't mean an oval here or there, but doing it licensed and right, like the Codies have gotten to in F1 2016.

On the circuit side, there's a dearth of '80s-'90s USA street circuits. Absolutely necessary for TransAm & IMSA & CART.

Not that I'm a fan of the concrete canyons, but... if you're gonna replicate a series, then do it right!

Baja, Dakar and Finke Dessert Race(Australia). I like and have most of the track style racing, but find there is a serious lack of Rally style racing. Thank god for Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 coming, but what about a Tecate BAJA? Dakar could be huge!

GT Legends. Super Touring (BTCC) old eras and those times tracks and same with older F1's. Maybe up to '06. And classic DTM's that way also. Blancpain-series. Porsche Supercup. Isle Of Man. JGTC/Super GT.
Drag Racing: Top Fuel/Nitro Dragsters. And specials like VLN Nordschleife 24h. Japans series where they drove with AE86 Levins and AE86 Hachirokus on their tracks back in the days And more... Cannot remember all now.
Edit right away lol. Classic wrc doesnt get enough love with their classic races also...

Last edited:
  • tunaphis

Baja, Dakar and Finke Dessert Race(Australia). I like and have most of the track style racing, but find there is a serious lack of Rally style racing. Thank god for Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 coming, but what about a Tecate BAJA? Dakar could be huge!
The only post so far to mention Dakar,The biggest offroad race around.If Codemasters get this generation thing running Dakar would be the perfect next step.
The Finke would be even better,having to dodge skippys all the way.

Complete 1997 BTCC in Assetto Corsa. I'm willing to pay $50 for complete season DLC. Modern Touring Car seems boring though.

p998459215-4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%