Have Your Say: Things to Look Forward to in 2018

- Ac2/Evo sneak peak at this Years SimRacing EXPO 2018.
- News of ISI new title.
- Possible return of Sim Bin GTR3.
- DRM Revival for Assetto Corsa, I have asked on another site about this mod, and was told the project is alive.

The pCARS2 DLC should be interesting - Porsches, Ferraris and best of all a classic Le Mans pack. Looking forward to it very much.

The DRM mod for AC should be a must have too, though I will have to see how much they will charge for it.

I wonder if GTR3 will really be finished in 2018 but certainly looking forward to more news about it.

Being a big WRC fan this would be an insta-buy for me with VR support. Especially after seing those "special stages", very well made indeed.
But not implementing VR in a current racing title is a big no for me, same goes for the F1 games, AMS or Forza. People manage to implement VR in their free time, for a 14 year old game (RBR). I am currently working in a company doing VR/AR software (not coding though), even our 2nd year working students manage to create great VR environments with finished assets. There shouldn't be any excuse.
That's why titles that don't do it instantly fall through in my personal assessment

Yep. As great as VR is for simracing, the way major AAA titles drop the support like Dirt 4, Codies F1, Forza is worrying. Sim racers might often fail to notice how VR has not picked up same kind of momentum outside of our genre.

For many sim racers it's like religion but many regular gamers still see it as an overpriced gimmick.

That's from mainstream FPS YouTubers perspective. At his closing words 12:43 he doesn't really sound all that impressed with VR, despite owning all possible headsets. Some of this had to do with nausea though. He enjoyed games where you sit in a cockpit (driving/flying) fine, but other games caused sickness.

Lots of his viewers seem to think VR is a gimmick in the comments. These are not sim racers, just average gamers. And if the amount of VR headsets out there is not significant, starting to suspect the reason why AAA games like Dirt 4, Forza and F1 2017 have dropped VR, is that it's not financially worth it for them. Money is the only language they speak anyway.

WRC 6 had experimental VR support that was showed in gaming conventions and such, but WRC 7 doesn't have VR and devs have said it won't. Dirt Rally had VR, but Dirt 4 doesn't.

I hope VR survives and evolves, because it fits like a glove into simracing, especially if they're able to upgrade the resolution. But for other gaming, it offers less. There is problems with natural movement method in gaming genres, where you don't sit still in a cockpit or such. Which is most of them.

Another thing holding it back is the high price, and high system requirements.

Last edited:
Reiza18
Wireless VR
Reiza18
Hopefully r3e on ue4
DCS 2.5
Reiza18
Wreckfest leaving early access

did i mention reiza18?
next title from from software
Did you try Nioh? Pretty cool and DS-ish. :)

Looking forward to Reiza 2018, AC2 news, updates/DLC to rFactor2, and, well, everything. :D

Well I'm hoping to take the VR plunge this year. News on the Vive Pro looks good, but I think it will be too expensive :(
Will wait to see what Oculus counter with, perhaps there is something waiting to launch out there we haven't heard of yet :x3:
#savingforvr

View attachment 229923

The first 'Have Your Say' of 2018 is here! Have a read and get your responses submitted in the comments section below!

Traditionally at the end of a calendar year I would write a little summary of the previous 12 months and look forward to what is in store the following year. However sometimes I wonder if my personal opinion matches that of our substantial community, and more often than not I end up missing something that many people feel should be included. With those lessons learnt I thought it might be interesting to turn the tables and let you folks tell us the what sounds exciting for 2018, so here goes!

The question for this, the first 'Have Your Say' of 2018, is:

Tell us what sim racing related things you are looking forward to in 2018!

Have fun, stay respectful and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!
I'm looking forward to a higher resolution in Oculus Rift

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years