Have Your Say: Tell Us Your All Time Favourite Console Racer

#1 GT3.....got a PS2 just for this and it blew me away, graphics were mind boggling for the time and I'd just watch the replays over and over.
#2 Project Gotham Racing 2, Brilliant game What I would describe as Simcade. Kudos system was a LOT of fun. :)
#3 Forza 3 Spent a LOT of time on this collecting all the cars.
#4 Metropolis street racer (Yes I had a Dreamcast) daddy of PGR
#5 GT5 brings up the rear, such a disappointment for me and the last GT game I ever bought. Still spent quite a lot of time with the Premiums despite that, Spanish city track (forget the name) was really good.

Not bothering at all with Consoles now as PCs have caught up in the Graphics department and still have better physics and more realism (practise/quali etc).

#1 GT3.....got a PS2 just for this and it blew me away, graphics were mind boggling for the time and I'd just watch the replays over and over.
#2 Project Gotham Racing 2, Brilliant game What I would describe as Simcade. Kudos system was a LOT of fun. :)
#3 Forza 3 Spent a LOT of time on this collecting all the cars.
#4 Metropolis street racer (Yes I had a Dreamcast) daddy of PGR
#5 GT5 brings up the rear, such a disappointment for me and the last GT game I ever bought. Still spent quite a lot of time with the Premiums despite that, Spanish city track (forget the name) was really good.

Not bothering at all with Consoles now as PCs have caught up in the Graphics department and still have better physics and more realism (practise/quali etc).
I still have my PS3 just for Blue ray & YouTube over the TV. the whole Gt5 /Gt6 disappointment ended my loyalty to Sony's & PD's game range.
just the fact that some how PD failed to graps that the market has moved on the GT is no longer the only cars based racer on Console, many of the now top premium cross format games may have copied the successful format that made the GT series the game to beat.
now in many case's GT has been passed by the like of Forza or Pcars in many departments all are now no longer Console only lock outs, what I have seen of GT-Sport will not have me running to buy a new PS4 Pro anytime soon.
when I can have all the current racing game on my PC with out it been a console exclusive , I think those days of marketing are over now for most developers if they want to make money .

I am not really a console player (my 2 kids are, one aged 16, the other is 23 lol) but a few years ago I purchased a Playstation 3 in order to use the following which I dearly love and enjoy:

1. Sony's F1 Championship Edition on PS3.
2. Jester's TT real road racing chmpionship
3. Jesters TT Superbike Legends.
The Jesters TT games are without doubt, the best Motorcycle simulation games ever made.......so far.
NIAbtX7.jpg

U30xj8y.jpg

xc3H3PU.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%