Have Your Say: Tell Us Your All Time Favourite Console Racer

well , difficult to say just one . I had many depemding on the period ., the following are the ones i loved the most :

Gran Turismo 2 playstation
GTR2 PC( my favourite of all time )
Assetto corsa PC
Dirt xbox
Dirt3 PC

that's it

ciao guys

Ferrari F355 Challenge, Sega Dreamcast
Gran Turismo 2, Playstation,
F1 1997, Psygnosis, Playstation,
Rage Racer, NAMCO, Playstation (with NAMCO NegCon)
Colin McRae Rally 2.0, Codemasters, Playstation,
Toca 2, Codemasters, Playstation
F1 World Grand Prix 2, Nintendo N64,
V-Rally 2, Playstation,

the list goes on and on but I just can't remember the correct titles any longer and would have to fly back to a storage unit and break out the boxes (yes I still have them all - hope they have survived the years in storage).

Gran Turismo 2 at first, love at first sight, try, play...and then Gran Turismo 4, as the first serious game, which brought me more of the realistic experience, especially with Speedster 2 steering wheel, back then, it was very real for me.

Enthusia is one only a handful of games that properly simulate a torque-converter automatic, which I always thought was kind of neat/different

Those little details were amazing in Enthusia. It's a shame that very few people have played or remember that game. It was miles better than anything back in the day. And it still is a great game even now. Despite the crazy career mode.

Oh and I how could I forget the first Forza Horizon!

Okay so here's my list.

5. Crash Team Racing
4. Forza Motorsport 4
3. Gran Turismo (1 and 4)
2. Forza Horizon
1. Project Gotham Racing (2 and 4)

Last edited:
My list are mostly oldies too since I'm almost exclusively racing on PC since buying my first wheel in 2001. These have to be my most played back in the day.

1. F1 '97 (PS1)
2. Gran Turismo 2/3/4 (PS1/PS2)
3. TOCA 2 (PS1)
4. Sega Rally Championship (Saturn)
5. Burnout Paradise (PS3)
6. Destruction Derby (PS1)

I would have to say Gt 2 , it pushed the PS1 way past what it was meant to do hardware wise.
I do not think any of the following GT series ever made such a big step in one go has GT2 did.
Ridge Racer Type 4 also came out towards the end of the PS 1 life span & again like GT2 pushed the PS 1 to its very limits.
Loved that game to at the time great multi play for the long evening with a try of beer, curry & a flat full of friends.

Spent way to many all-night sessions playing both these games to the end, then having to work the next day.
I soon found my way into PC's & then early Sim racers.
But I remember these two along with many other Classic's on the PS1 lots were first on any format , that have long since be serialized through several Console generations GT was the daddy of all that followed game style wise.
GT 1 was ground braking but GT2 was amazing for its time that is for sure, much loved game

F1 97' played that on my old mad catz wheel and Gran Turismo which really was the first title which blew my mind because of the replays.
Nothing looked as good as that back then.
Gran Turismo was a revolutionary experience on the PS1.

Mentions also to Ridge Racer,first racer on PS1 and have fond memories and also Wipeout.

Ridge Racer 4 on the PS 1 was fantastic also.

Forgot Toca,that had great physics but GT was the gold standard.

Toca 2. PS1. A proper BTTC tin top racer, with a fantastic, for the time, Formula Ford.
F1 97. PS1. A great improvement on F1 95, which was a gateway game for me into GP3 and GPL on the PC.
GT 1 &2. PS1. Absolute game changer for driving games. People I knew, with no interest in cars, would spend hours playing this with me of an evening.
Tourist Trophy. PS2. The best console bike game ever made. A GT for motorcycles that is still a blast to play today - if you have a PS3 that allows PS2 games.
F1 2013 Classic Edition. PS3. The Old School cars are a blast, and the real reason for me to own this game.
GT6. PS3. The sounds are still rubbish, but for a pick up racing title it is really rewarding & value for money.
Also, the Senna F3 from 1983 is one of the best open wheelers in any game.

The gt series, but I would have to say gt2 then gt6 if I had to choose. Then enthusia was a fantastic ps2 game. I would say it had the best physics of any ps2 racer.

Gt2 has the nostalgia for me though.

Eccckkkyy thumb!!!! back in the day, when i was young.
Sega Saturn----- SEGA RALLY
PlayStation ---- Original GT
Forgot format---- TOCA
PlayStation ---- I Feel the need for speed
PlayStation ------ GTA in game challenges

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%