Have Your Say: Hamilton London No Show, Backlash Deserved or Unfair?

It's pretty simple really. Who supplies the money that pays F1 drivers ? The fans. It is obvious Lewis does not understand this.

Long story, short. He'll never be the "People's Champion". Simply because doesn't act like one (of many that have gone before him). Snubbing this event is testament to that. Move on, Folks.. :D

I'm in the States, and F1 though popular in many respects isn't even covered as a sport at all in the news. But that pretty much goes for any type of motor racing here, at least in the northeast.
Had to get that out there. As far as Hamilton goes, hes a very good driver, great some might say, and back in the "good old days" being indifferent to the crowd was accepted. Not now with every sort of sponsership and logo on your car, They want you to be a personality, and they want you out there, especially with the new push for F1 to be more for the masses.
I'm going to pick on him though for the kids and teens who look up to him, and wanted to at least see him closeup, for them this was a big deal, a very big deal, and plain and simple he disappointed them. He's a great driver, but PR means a lot these days, and he needs to remember that.

Being indifferent to the crowds is fine by me but then don't pretend with the constant fakery at podium interviews of "great crowd, I luvs yas awl". I watch sky sports F1 coverage via foxtel in Aus and the constant Hamilton arse licking by the crew is getting irritating to say the least. Its so biased its not funny any more.

BTW, I'm a proud Englishman, but I can't stand Hamilton mania. In fact, I am starting to turn away from the sport that I have watched avidly since F1 came to Australian TV screens back in 80/81. Just one fluff piece after fake sentiment after bieber bro social twittery.

*grumpy old man departs mumbling something about the good old days *

Being indifferent to the crowds is fine by me but then don't pretend with the constant fakery at podium interviews of "great crowd, I luvs yas awl". I watch sky sports F1 coverage via foxtel in Aus and the constant Hamilton arse licking by the crew is getting irritating to say the least. Its so biased its not funny any more.

BTW, I'm a proud Englishman, but I can't stand Hamilton mania. In fact, I am starting to turn away from the sport that I have watched avidly since F1 came to Australian TV screens back in 80/81. Just one fluff piece after fake sentiment after bieber bro social twittery.

*grumpy old man departs mumbling something about the good old days *

You're basically paying for a pantomime.

It's becoming a bit like a WWF type event where the image is more important. How much of the 'back-stage' stuff is now just for the cameras and completely un-natural? How long until they want that to creep into the racing proper?

The racing is no so terribly bland, that everything else is being thrown at the 'event' to make it interesting.

It's been on a down hill run for a good while now though.

I feel sorry for the teams and drivers. The FIA is turning F1 into something it's not, and the teams are being asked to capitulate in the stupidity... and they've so much money in the game now they have to go along with it too.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back