Have Your Say: Can Women be Competitive in Modern Formula One Racing?

Flammenjc

hydr.eSport
Mod edit Right after i make a post about staying on topic, you ignore me..

So again consider the actions i take as a warning stay on topic or go and post in another forum please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod edit Right after i make a post about staying on topic, you ignore me..

So again consider the actions i take as a warning stay on topic or go and post in another forum please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok then, maybe "Because she can" or she just likes being fast. :roflmao: Who knows what drive some people. I'm just saying it's possible and would be cool to see a woman give Hams and co a serious ego dent (Even though I'm a big Vettel fan.)
Because she can, sure... But is she at all interested?

We can't all be police, fighter pilots, doctors, etc.
Entertaining millions of people does have value to humanity, even if it can't quite compete with saving their lives or the whole human race or whatever ;)
But as others have already said, most drivers don't do it for its value to humanity but for the fun, cash, fame, glory, etc. Plenty of women get a kick out of driving, not to mention cash and fame. (Plenty of women are world-class singers for example. Is there more "apparent reason" in that than driving a car around in circles?)

Edit: LOL @Bram - "Femula One", OMFG ROFL.
Getting a kick out of driving is not the same as getting the kick out of racing.
Look at all the people here. How many are actual F1 drivers? And most of the forum residents would probably kill for a place on the grid... Yet they are racing virtual cars. They are extremely interested in F1. Yet they still race virtual F1 cars... How can you expect a significant amount of women, who don't even care about F1 at all, to practically ruin their lives in the hope they'll become successful F1 racers? That's just makes no sense... It's not that a woman can't become an F1 champion. She simply is not interested. She would rather become a singer. Or a model. Or whatever else she fancies. Not because of some sort of a "programming". It's just that different people have different tastes. But in general, different types gravitate to different things. And that's perfectly normal. You simply want to see a woman as an F1 pilot. But ask her if she's interested first, don't force her into doing stuff that's only interesting for you.

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
Evaluating this question with average definitions of genders is pointless imo. All F1 drivers are more or less exceptional people. And there can be exceptional women as well.

Wait until there's at least the third of the grid of a relatively well-known series consisting of women, then you can talk about women being interested in racing. Racing isn't even all that interesting to men, let alone to women. I mean serious racing, not just driving around with friends figuring out who's faster. It's very niche.

And to anyone concerned, before you start pondering why there is not many women in racing in general, ask yourself why you personally are not in racing/F1 (if you are already in racing). Maybe you should start working on that instead of daydreaming on forums.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 127 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 84 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.0%
  • €3001-5000