Have you played GTR2 since GTR Evolution came out?

C

Chad711

• Chad711

At first when this game came out I was pretty sure I would go back to GTR2 and not really pay to much attention to this game. However I was totally wrong! I am enjoy this a lot and hope to see this game get a lot of attention from mod teams.

The other day I did put in GTR2 just because I wanted to see how the C6r handled compared to the new one. I was amazed at how much better I was on full sim with no assistance on GTR2. I think Evo has made me a better sim driver.

I just miss my murcielago!

I have a series that will go to April next year, so will fire it up for that, but otherwise, it will stay in the draw. I already have the Porsche now in GTR Evo. And assume that the others (Lambo, Ferrari, etc) will come out as fresh mods in the near future. No game conversions please...

• Peter Byun

When I did a 2:10 @ Spa in a F550 few months ago, I uninstalled it and put it away for good. That times is about 5-6 seconds too fast. Either the tires are too grippy of the cars generate too much downforce.

GTRe has been my GT sim of choice.

That is a mod to add GTL to GTR2 correct? MY GTR2 came with GTL I just never really got into driving the older cars. It was fun but before my time.

Well, its one way to say it but the truth is its so much more.
Impossible to describe the quality and detail they have put into this mod,
its simply stunning work they have done, and stunning attention to detail making the cars historically correct. If you read the story on the autosimsport about this mod you get a good idea why i respect the mod team so much.
When the next release will be out, everyone will see what im talking about.
:)

• miclar1

I'm still very much a noob with these games (ex-Mac only games and now also running XP SP3 on my iMac). I only bought the GTR2-GTL combo about 6 months ago and now the steam version of Race 07-GtrEvo. So I'm alternating between them and enjoying them all and have not yet made up my mind regarding which one I prefer. I just love the different challenges of each racing offline only so far.
:)

• Peter Byun

I think GTL was top notch and very underrated. I was initially put off by the unlocking required to get the good cars but it was worth it in the end. Only thing I didn't like was that GTL used Starforce and not many leagues use it.

I still play GTR2 a lot. The car selection is different, and there are more tracks. Also, with the new WSGT Mod out, there are several new cool cars to run on GTR2. I have also been running GTR Evo, and I love the new Nordschleife.

• Peter Byun

I still play GTR2 a lot. The car selection is different, and there are more tracks. Also, with the new WSGT Mod out, there are several new cool cars to run on GTR2. I have also been running GTR Evo, and I love the new Nordschleife.

How's the WSGT mod? I've always had issues with GTR2 mods with mismatches and crashes. I've read comments from other site that the car models are well done but the physics sound like it's back to GTR1 with zero grip @ low speeds.

Not to stray too far from topic but like to hear what you think of it? Thx.

How's the WSGT mod? I've always had issues with GTR2 mods with mismatches and crashes. I've read comments from other site that the car models are well done but the physics sound like it's back to GTR1 with zero grip @ low speeds.

Not to stray too far from topic but like to hear what you think of it? Thx.

My friend has it and I drove a few laps. The car LODs are very nice and the cockpits are stunning. A lot of hard work went into this and it shows.

The only problem is....it's still GTR2 tire models and physics. Think 'snowmobiles on frozen lake' :becky:

• Cedric Beugnet

I've not played GTR² since the release of GTR Evolution
And with STCC addons i'm not sure to play in the next days.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%