Have you had a failure on your TX [poll]

T300RS - 1080 degrees rotation
TX - 900 degrees

T300RS - your choice of wheel rim. PS4 rim or Ferrari GTE rim
TX - "cheapo" feeling 458 Italia replica rim (it sucks and makes the whole wheel feel cheap)

T300RS - PC, PS3 and PS4 (DriveClub, PCARS and some day GT7) compatible.
TX - PC and Xbone (Forza 5, PCARS) compatible.

Cost (in USD)
T300RS = $399.00
TX=$329.00 - $349.00 (GTE wheel rim is another $125.00)

On either wheel you can get an adapter and attach your own custom or aftermarket wheel rim. You will probably lose all functionality of buttons on the wheel.)

I fear I am making things worse for you. Sorry.

Upvote 0
T300RS - your choice of wheel rim. PS4 rim or Ferrari GTE rim
TX - "cheapo" feeling 458 Italia replica rim (it sucks and makes the whole wheel feel cheap)
Need to clarify though that all these rims are interchangeable, you can even use the TX rim on a T300 and vice versa. Also, while the T300/GTE rim has a much better quality feel to it, it's also a lot heavier than the TX rim, so I've read a few people who actually prefer the TX rim because less weight means you get less mechanical dampening, aka you feel more details and the wheel is able to turn faster. I can feel this difference bigtime between the formula style rim on my CSW base and the BMW rim. Both are great, but the formula rim makes it much snappier, faster and a good bit more detailed (also, due to it's smaller size the FFB feels stronger because I have less help from the size of the wheel).
I know this isn't making your choice easier, but I think it's worth knowing before making a choice!
Personally I found even the T300 rim to feel too toylike, which is why I ordered the CSW instead, so to me that quality feel is very important. To others FFB strength is more important, while others again can sacrifice strength for smoothness or detail etc.

Upvote 0
No argument her Kjell. However, the CSW is a substantially larger investment. Which is why I would love to get one but can't justify it right now. I don't know where Msportdan stands on that. I think that the two wheels on two different leagues. So to speak.

Upvote 0
I appreciate you guys helping I really do, but ill be honest its making my decision harder lol. I can see how the less weighted wheel will help in the ffb I think that's pretty obvious and imo could be deliberate design choice by TM, you never know.
One things vo to remember I have only a dfgt and slight g27 experience to go on. Must admit for build quality you wont beat Logitech, but ffb wise maybe another brand. isn't the same with everything some things do certain thing better than others some not.

Im not sure now, TX or t300 gte..

theres no difference betweem ffb right? its the exact same base but different platform compatibility. Isnt the TX upgraded from the t300?

Upvote 0
Also,the "toy like" feel is partially due to wheel diameter. Don't you think?
absolutely!
I don't want to sound rude , but we are using wheels for a game in essence its all toys just big boys toys lol
Our wheels are as much toys as a golfers clubs are toys, or a tennisplayers racket, as long as you're not doing it professionally and getting paid for it then you're probably doing it as a hobby for entertainment, simracing is no different to the aforementioned in that regard. I know fishermen who have spent as much on a reel for their fishing rod as my entire CSW setup costs.
Also don't get me wrong when I say toy like, the T300 and TX are some pretty damn good wheels, at least in terms of FFB. It's just that feeling of premium that's missing. You know, a Honda is a great car, will run forever, but if you sit down in one just after you have been sitting in a Aston Martin, Ferrari or something like that, the interior and the entire experience will feel cheaper, the choice of materials just don't feel luxurious and premium to you. That's what the Fanatec stuff gives me, might be 100% superficial and that the internals are no better on it than a Thrustmaster, doesn't matter, to me it feels like I've bought a Ferrari rather than a Honda.
That said, the Honda /Thrustmaster are great and sensible choices, so if that's your budget don't feel bad about it!
Also, I added this layer to explain the difference between the T300 and TX rim, if this feeling of premium gear is important at all then the T300/GTE rim might be what you are looking for, if FFB quality trumps everything else, the TX may just be the better choice. In either case I don't think you'll be disappointed with the wheel m8, they are both solid choices!

Upvote 0
I don't want to sound rude , but we are using wheels for a game in essence its all toys just big boys toys lol

I know what you mean.:)

I guess what I mean is that the GTE wheel feels less "toylike" than the stock 458 Italia replica wheel that the TX comes with. If I could go back I would get the T300RS.

Upvote 0
I don't think it does. That wheel is powerful so any added weight can be compensated for by an increase in FFB strength either in the SIM or through the profiler/driver. Ultimately it all comes down to how you want it to "feel". Which is a totally subjective thing and may also change over time. I am confident that either wheel will meet your needs/expectations.

Upvote 0
I have had my TX sinced april I bought it used. No issues.

Here I go again.
The GTE rim will spoil the ffb noticably. The TX and T300RS just don´t have enough torque to compensate. You can´t compensate by increasing the power just causes more clipping and best to compare apple to apple as nothing prevent you to run the same settings on the TX.

Maybe you will preferr the GTE rim anyway so try both :)

Personally I preferred the grip of the TX Rim as well. A round 280 mm rim would come handy for rally and drifting but this was areas where the GTE rim performed the worst due to the weight. Don´t forget the F1 rim either yes painted buttons and all but it´s very practical and functional beside the spin wheels that are so flimsy they are not to be trusted. But it certainly don´t feel right for rally or drifting either.

If you run on PC I would for sure source a shifter and an aftermarket rim. Aftermarket rims can be had for less then the Thrustmaster rims uses better materials is lighter and more solid. Again be wary about weight and the bigger the rim the more leverage and harder for your wheel to support enough forces to.
If you don´t have a shifter that route will end up more expensive but paddle shifting is efficient but so booring. I only use it when I feel I really have to for formula racing or similar.

Upvote 0
I have had my TX sinced april I bought it used. No issues.

Here I go again.
The GTE rim will spoil the ffb noticably. The TX and T300RS just don´t have enough torque to compensate. You can´t compensate by increasing the power just causes more clipping and best to compare apple to apple as nothing prevent you to run the same settings on the TX.

Maybe you will preferr the GTE rim anyway so try both :)

Personally I preferred the grip of the TX Rim as well. A round 280 mm rim would come handy for rally and drifting but this was areas where the GTE rim performed the worst due to the weight. Don´t forget the F1 rim either yes painted buttons and all but it´s very practical and functional beside the spin wheels that are so flimsy they are not to be trusted. But it certainly don´t feel right for rally or drifting either.

If you run on PC I would for sure source a shifter and an aftermarket rim. Aftermarket rims can be had for less then the Thrustmaster rims uses better materials is lighter and more solid. Again be wary about weight and the bigger the rim the more leverage and harder for your wheel to support enough forces to.
If you don´t have a shifter that route will end up more expensive but paddle shifting is efficient but so booring. I only use it when I feel I really have to for formula racing or similar.
I can confirm what Pär is saying here. Even on my CSW which is stronger than aTX/T300 I notice a slight loss in FFB detail when using the new BMW rim compared to the formula rim. That having been said you need to consider the fact that real cars would probably be the same, a tin top with a 320km rim will feel more dampened than a more nimble open wheeler with a small formula style rim. Luckily I have the option to swap rims in seconds to match what I play in game :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 226 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years