1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone seen "Senna, Beyond the Speed of Sound"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

A very remarkable, very touching documentary. I've never truly known his whole story but i watched it last night and from his crash on till the end of documentary,@30 mins left i cried uncontrollably till the end of show. I have no shame in admitting that i cried.
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

No I still havent seen it :( It was not shown here in the movie theaters for some reason (I blame left wing politicians who are against motorsport).
  3. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

It just came out in theaters recently for us in Canada.
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Me too. Really great documentary. I was too young for the Senna years so it was really nice to learn about this great man.
  5. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I loved the Prost-Senna fights. Great documentary indeed (It was on theaters in Turkey last year)

Also that sentence was great: 'The best decision is my decision :D '

Without this documentary i could'nt have seen Senna's time as i was a very little child back then. Thanks to producers. Also the music with the death of Senna was too saddenning. I had chills.

By the way anyone have the epic music when Prost-Senna duels in Suzuka? (The Thrilling Music With the violin)
  6. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD

I need to watch it sometime. Hiro, I also cried for Senna when I was 14 in '04. I cry for him when I mention him. What sucks for me is that I was four years old and very autistic so I never got to watch him race. :frown:
  7. I watched the film yesterday and at many points, I was a bit moved, especially after Prost crashed into Senna intentionally. And I fully understand Senna did the same thing to Prost. And the amount of bad luck was really huge in the Senna's accident, but it happens (especially in road racing) and as a racing driver, Senna knew very well that there is a constant danger. Great driver, great personality, it's a shame he didn't live until these days.
  8. I watched some sort of leaked "beta" version of the movie, it has much less senna clips, long interviews and the sound volumes were badly synced, yet i watched the whole thing and i went from not knowing anything about senna to have big respect for him and i think his skills in terms of handling a car and knowing what it takes to be fastest is really great
  9. It was never released here in india so i had to download it and it was great.
  10. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

After watching the movie again I found this interview with Terry Fullerton, the racing driver praised by Senna: