1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Has anyone got CMR05 working under Windows 8 or 7 ?

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Ton van Rijn, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Ton van Rijn

Ton van Rijn

Ratings:
    +10
    After installing the game from the retail dvd and with or without the 1.1 patch and with or without a no-dvd exe, I can change all settings and I can also start a single race, career and championship. But as soon as one race is finished, I cannot go further. I see "Continue" on my screen, but there is nothing I can do then. Hitting "Enter" does nothing and the game is frozen. I can only exit with Ctrl+Alt+Del. or with Alt.+Tab and going to Task Manager.

As I said, I tried everything. With or without the 1.1 patch and with or without a no-dvd exe. I also tried a pirated version but the problem is exactly the same. Various compatibility modes don't help either. I also searched for Starforce with the removal tool and in the registry but nothing is found then.
    Strange thing is that I also have CMR04 and that plays fine without a problem, although it is an older game. Of course I can stick with CMR04, but somehow I can't stand it that I cannot get 05 working. And doing a search with Google I find a few cases where someone got it working.

Has anyone here a solution ? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Meanwhile I even tried it with a GOG version which I found "somewhere" and which is DRM free and still the same. I don't understand it, because this is the only game where this happens.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015