GT5 Has anyone done a 24hr race yet ?...please tell

As the title says really....I've not started one yet. I have only done a 4hr endurance race and that felt long enough. I'm intrigued to know how everyone that has completed a 24hr race went about ti...what your method....

Did you have a group of you together and took shifts or did you take it on alone and just went for it as long as possible or did you play for a few hours at a time and paused the game to have a break...
I'm really not too keen on leaving my PS3 on for a few days as that would be the only way I could do it by myself.

Not done the 24Hr in GT5 yet but have done it on GT4.
I raced for as long as I could keep my eyes open only pausing for quick coffee and toilet breaks when pitting, then I paused it in pits and took a 6hr nap before finishing the race. Plan to do the same in GT5.
No you cannot swap between Aspec and Bspec in GT5 and we have noticed that you cannot pause Bspec mode during a race so the wife and I plan to do it in shifts as the Bspec drivers are hopeless without constant instructions fed to them.

All my Bspecs are doing fine without instructions..

Can I hire them? My three B-Specs are rubish, I have each one with different kind of driving agression/calm selected.
One of them is almost full agression type, the second is right in the middle and the third is more calm style.
no matter which I chose, I have to give instructions every one minute or so, or they will drive or in the calm side, being overtooked by all, or overdriving doing slides and spinning like mad and losing several places.

GOD.... On A spec for 24 hours non stop. That would take me 5 days all by myself.

Now....The B-spec I've played so far doesnt let you speed the time up!! OMG. I'm on level 28, and just did the Indy 500 race in about 2hrs 15 mins. I paused it once for a break. The 4 hour race will be my limit for sure. I might, might do the 24 hours on B-spec.

I totally agree...it just doesn't make sense to have 24hr races without a save feature...it would be so easy to implement into the game. There should be an option to save when you come in for pitstops. Especially in A-spec mode....I did the 4hr mazda race and that was way long enough for me and I was pausing every hour or so to have a break. The thought of attempting a 24hr race is out of the question for me as I have a life outside of gaming (believe it or not I do work and have a social life lol)
It seems that hardly anyone if any at all has completed one of these races yet as the title of the post is " Has anyone done a 24hr race yet ?...please tell" and no one has come forward yet to say they have and how they went about it.
Surely Polyphony Digital would want everyone to get the most out of this game but I'd guess at least 80-90% of players would stop at the 4hr race and not go any further. A simple patch to put in a save option on these races and the championship tournements too would remedy that....Come on PD you need to do this :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 115 13.5%