1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Harware/Software Useful Links

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dan Coldrick, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Drivers

Graphics

ATI
    Nvidia

Processor

Intel

AMD

Sound

Realtek
    Creative

Auzentech
    Asus

Motherboard

Asus
    Gigabyte
    MSI
    ASRock
    Foxconn
    Saphire
    DFI
    PowerColor
    XFX
    Zotac
    EVGA

AMD
    Intel

Processor Benchmarks

Toms Hardware Comparison Charts

Graphics Benchmarks

Toms Hardware Comparison Charts

Current Cards Benchmark

ATI 5850
    ATI 5870

Temperature Monitors

Real Temp

Hardware Monitor
    Core Temp
    Speed Fan
    ATI Tool

Hardware Identification Tools

CPU- Z
    GPU- Z
    Multi- Everest (Trial)
    Multi- Sandra (Trial)

XP/Vista Tweak Guides

http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html

Essential Software

CCleaner
    7 Zip
    Foxit Reader
    PDF Creator
    Open Office
    GIMP
    Firefox
    µTorrent
    Peer Guardian
    Tera Copy
    Google Pack- Spyware Doctor & Picasa
    VLC
    Teamspeak
    Fraps

More Software

Browsers

Internet Explorer 8
    Mozilla Firefox
    Apple Safari
    Google Chrome
    Opera 9.6

Malware Protection

Pay Tools

SUPERAntiSpyware- (recommended purchase) if you purchase this, you get protection. It will only be a scanner if you don't buy it.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - if you purchase this, you get protection. It will only be a scanner if you don't buy itCounterSpy - 15 day trial!

Spy Sweeper - if you don't buy it, it will not fix anything

Spyware Doctor - if you don't buy it, it will not fix anything

Free Tools

AntiVir Personal Edition - includes antispyware, anti-rootkit and more ( see: http://www.free-av.com/en/pages/6/comparative_chart.html ). Do not install another AV if using this.

AVG Free Edition - includes antispyware protection. Do not install another AV if using this.

Comodo Internet Security - Provides antivirus, antispyware, and firewall protection.
      • WARNINGS:
        • Ask Toolbar will be installed by default but you can uncheck this during the install or uninstall it anytime afterwards if you decide you do not want this feature later.
        • This includes both the a firewall and an antivirus, and BO Clean antimalware protection. Do not install this if
      • For Vista, Windows Defender has been much improved and may be a useful free alternative and it comes already installed. On many PCs it is enabled by default. On others it is disabled by default. This may be a matter of the country where the PC is purchased.
    Firewall

Comodo Internet Security

• WARNINGS:
        • Ask Toolbar will be installed by default but you can uncheck this during the install or uninstall it anytime afterwards if you decide you do not want this feature later.
        • This includes both the a firewall and an antivirus, and BO Clean antimalware protection. Do not install this if you already have an antivirus.
    Outpost Firewall Free

Outpost Firewall Pro - this version includes the below protection
      • Advanced firewall for secure connections
      • Antispyware to keep your PC spyware-free
      • Host protection to block zero-day threats
      • Web control to protect your PC from web-borne threat
    Jetico Personal Firewall - shareware version

PC Tools Firewall Plus <-- make sure you uncheck the options to install Google Toolbar and Threatfire free edition. There's is no sense in installing excess baggage.

Online Armor Personal Firewall (free edition) - can be quite resource hungry so if you have limited memory and/or a slow processor, do not us this firewall.

ZoneAlarm Pro - this is not the free version

Jetico Personal Firewall v.1 - free version

Kerio Personal Firewall

Sygate Personal Firewall Free <--- with the Symantec acquistion of Sygate, I do not know how much longer this will be around or be free!

ZoneAlarmFree - no longer supports Win9x or Me platforms. The new 7 version of Zone Alarm free includes Zone Alarm Security Suite, making the download larger then it used to be. Do not install the Security Suite. Also the free firewall now has some minor nag screens.

Filseclab Personal Firewall Professional Ed

RD Threads

PC Upgrade Discussion
    Show Your Cockpit
    Dual Monitor Information thread
    Teamspeak
    Anti Virus

Gaming Net Links

Can you run it? (Game system requirements site)

I will update this thread so please post if you have anything to add.

:Banane37:

2. Malware Protection

Pay Tools

• SUPERAntiSpyware- (recommended purchase) if you purchase this, you get protection. It will only be a scanner if you don't buy it.
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - if you purchase this, you get protection. It will only be a scanner if you don't buy it.
    • CounterSpy - 15 day trial!
    • Spy Sweeper - if you don't buy it, it will not fix anything
    • Spyware Doctor - if you don't buy it, it will not fix anything
    Free Tools
    • AntiVir Personal Edition - includes antispyware, anti-rootkit and more ( see: http://www.free-av.com/en/pages/6/comparative_chart.html ). Do not install another AV if using this.
    • AVG Free Edition - includes antispyware protection. Do not install another AV if using this.
    • Comodo Internet Security - Provides antivirus, antispyware, and firewall protection.
      • WARNINGS:
        • This includes both the a firewall and an antivirus, and BO Clean antimalware protection. Do not install this if
      • For Vista, Windows Defender has been much improved and may be a useful free alternative and it comes already installed. On many PCs it is enabled by default. On others it is disabled by default. This may be a matter of the country where the PC is purchased.
    Firewall

3. Will add links tommorrow, if we keep it in the format I currently use it would help me a lot to add to OP :)

I will add comments to software if its required?

4. Hello friends i like to play rd formula one. in my soft ware pc problem with a long time. if i read u r suggestion follow it if my problem is solve. thanks to all,
    i hope this post site will be useful everyone hardware & software problem.keep it up..........

5. OP updated