1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hardwick's Setup Garage

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by Oscar Hardwick, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

Hello,

After posting my setup for the DTM Virtual championship at Hockenheim I spoke to @Paul Jeffrey more about setup sharing and my ability to test and produce setups for people who are new to the R3E club and Sim racing.

I figured I would open a thread here and basically leave it open to interpretation. I have made setups for a number of cars in R3E but going and finding which cars and tracks individually would take a lifetime. So instead treat this as a request thread.

Is there a club event coming up you want some help with setup wise? Is there a competition in R3E that you need a better base setup for?

If you answer yes to either of those questions just drop a request in the comments and I'll put it together probably over the course of about 24 hours, so as to allow for life to get in the way and for me to get stumped by the car a little (which happens pretty often).

2016 Update

With the addition of being able to save setups I can actually do this and not have it be so time consuming and annoying. Add to that the new ffb and physics and I want to drive R3E again. Most important thing to note is the path for the saved setups now

\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\Track Name\Layout Variant

Hardwick's Setup Garage

SETUPS (PRIOR TO SAVING SETUPS BEING IN GAME)

SETUPS (2016 ONWARD)

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Oscar you are a star! Brilliant fella, thank you so much for doing this, we all really appreciate it :)

Sooooo.... who's first to jump in? :D

3. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Awesome thing mates!
    I provided setups in Race07 and GSC, but resonance was poor. Hope this offer will be accepted a bit more.
    As for setups of fast drivers, we should not build them to close to the edge or too loose, but give additional info which two changes will bring you there later on?

4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

@Oscar Hardwick
    Right Mr. Hardwick, I'll go first then please!

Request for the WTCC Honda Civic (2014) at Portimao Circuit please if I may... thank you! :D

5. That's a great idea....I'll be second then. A set for the DTM92 Audi @ Hockenheim would be great....thank you:)!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel zz

Daniel zz
    Premium Member

Hi @Oscar Hardwick are you going to run the
    Multi-Class Madness - Sunday 9th August 2015

if so maybe you have a nice setup for eny one of the cars that you would like share :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick

I don't know if I'll race it but I certainly have an Opel Omega and a Chevy Monza setup that I can just go screenshot when I get 10 minutes later this evening @Blx

Other stuff I'll do tonight. I have to babysit until much later on but I'll snap up setups that have been requested and add the two I just mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick

Setup for the BMW M1 Procar at Norisring attached in post:

a3ce32eaff83473dd315baafe890a4ae.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick

Setup for the Opel Monza Gr.5 at Norisring attached in post:

30563ba46c3600e2649e0c1eab759490.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick

A couple of goodies for you there @Paul Jeffrey

The Opel is very tricky under braking around here as you have to use all 4 gears and the gearbox friction shifting down to first is unpleasant to handle but I reckon it can be quicker than cars with 5 gears that deal with turbo lag.

Procar setup is what I made in 6 minutes for todays race. Nice though :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ahh Mr. Hardwick, outstanding sir, thank you very much indeed :)

I'll have a little play with these tomorrow if time permits..

Thanks mate

Paul

12. You took the words right out of my mouth after the last few debacles, i dare not try to crawl my way round Portimou Circuit again so please @Oscar Hardwick could i get some help with a tune for WTCC 2014 citroen thanks and sorry for the very late request.
    Your biggest fan ever :D

13. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick

Sorry guys. Been away from the wheel for a couple of days somewhat unexpectedly. Will get on with pumping these out tomorrow :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. djpretface

djpretface
    Second is first of the losers

Some great set ups dude love it keep up the good work and if u have not yet check ur inbox i messaged u

15. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

@Oscar Hardwick -

Hi buddy, would like to request a setup for Hungaroring for the following cars:

WTCC 2014 Honda Civic
    DTM 92 Merc
    ADAC 2014 BMW

Many thanks mate,

Paul

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. djpretface

djpretface

Is this still in use ? Cause it would be a shame if it was not some great set ups on here

17. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick

It's still ongoing yes. I've been far busier than expected the last week or so. It's more a case of when I get about 40 minutes to sit down I can do a setup or two depending on if I've used the car/ track combo before.

All the requests are written down, they'll get done :) Also in regards to your pm @djpretface I wont make any setups private so the one you requested in the pm will be posted here.

• Like Like x 4
  18. djpretface

djpretface

Oky no problems

19. Danie Steenkamp

Danie Steenkamp
    Premium Member

Hi,
    Thanks for supplying a service like this. ;)
    I am not good with setups so your help will be appreciated.
    Can you please do a setup for Formula FR2 @ Sachsenring and DTM 2015 Merc @ Lausitzring?
    Thanks.

20. Danie Steenkamp

Danie Steenkamp
    Premium Member

Hi,
    The next setups will be appreciated :):
    • Formula FR2 - Nurburgring
    • DTM 2015 - Norisring