F1 2010 Hardcore Elements - Paul Jeal

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I wanted to get others opinions on this... This is one question from an Article over at OS and I have read the answer a few times and am trying to understand it's tense:

OS: Obviously, every developer is under a lot of pressure to have their game hit the market. That being said, were there options or game modes that you wanted to get into this year’s title that had to wait until next year’s version.

PJ
: Yeah there were. Obviously, Steve Jergens and myself had a solid outline of what we wanted in the game, but in terms of our ideas, I feel we probably already have too many in this year’s version. I think there is this public perception of "what can you do that hasn’t been done before." We had all these different ideas and innovations in terms of modes and features within the game, but we already have hardcore elements such as formation laps, safety car, correct physics, multiplayer, and yet we still have some great ideas and concepts for new modes in the 2011 version as well. I think we have a nice base to work on, and after the guys take a couple of weeks break, it will be back to working on the 2011 design.

So does that mean that Formation Laps and Safety cars are actually in - or does he mean those are already given elements for the 2011 version? It is the 'as well' that throws me off thinking he just means in the future version but otherwise, by saying 'we already have' throws me the other way.

I am sure we all would have known since there were topics about the formation laps and safety cars not in this years game... but it seems odd that he would add 'correct physics' into that statement if he means for next year's game because that kind of sells the physics for this game short just before release.

Thoughts?

It sounds to me like this years version. I am trying to figure out if, I should buy the PC version vs the PS3 or both. I could transfer the money for the PS3 to GT5. I will not be able to play the PS3 or PC version for a few weeks with a wheel due to a work related injury and get back home hopefully the week of the 27th. The PS3, I will be able to use on the day of release with a controller:frown:, but I could save $30 on the PC.

I'm pretty sure there is no formation laps or safety car in 2010. The statement isn't very clear I agree - is he talking about F1 2010, F1 2011, or existing F1 sims. If its a "live" quote rather than a written response it may be down to this.

I'm almost positive (99.9%) that this is in regards to features for F1 2011. He says;

but we already have hardcore elements such as formation laps, safety car, correct physics, multiplayer, and yet we still have some great ideas and concepts for new modes in the 2011 version as well.

To me this appears to be saying "we have these already for F1 2010, and there are more ideas and concepts we want to add". If formation laps and the safety car were in F1 2010 WE WOULD KNOW! There have been reviews and I know at least one would have said something if these were included in this years' game.

Yep, I agree... that is the main reason I felt it must not be because there were threads with people complaining about those elements missing.

However, I am surprised as Rob Simms has said, that he wouldn't say 'improved' multiplayer and/or 'more advanced' physics since this year already includes Multiplayer (just with a limited # of cars) and what they have said is a good physics engine.

I agree that we would probably know by now - so it was probably just awkward wording in the way that he delivered it or the way that it was taken down during dictation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back