1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hardcore Elements - Paul Jeal

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Ben Ross, Sep 18, 2010.

1. I wanted to get others opinions on this... This is one question from an Article over at OS and I have read the answer a few times and am trying to understand it's tense:

So does that mean that Formation Laps and Safety cars are actually in - or does he mean those are already given elements for the 2011 version? It is the 'as well' that throws me off thinking he just means in the future version but otherwise, by saying 'we already have' throws me the other way.

I am sure we all would have known since there were topics about the formation laps and safety cars not in this years game... but it seems odd that he would add 'correct physics' into that statement if he means for next year's game because that kind of sells the physics for this game short just before release.

Thoughts?

2. It sounds to me like this years version. I am trying to figure out if, I should buy the PC version vs the PS3 or both. I could transfer the money for the PS3 to GT5. I will not be able to play the PS3 or PC version for a few weeks with a wheel due to a work related injury and get back home hopefully the week of the 27th. The PS3, I will be able to use on the day of release with a controller:frown:, but I could save $30 on the PC.

3. I'm pretty sure there is no formation laps or safety car in 2010. The statement isn't very clear I agree - is he talking about F1 2010, F1 2011, or existing F1 sims. If its a "live" quote rather than a written response it may be down to this.

4. Already have seems like this years version and since there will be multiplayer.

5. I'm almost positive (99.9%) that this is in regards to features for F1 2011. He says;

To me this appears to be saying "we have these already for F1 2010, and there are more ideas and concepts we want to add". If formation laps and the safety car were in F1 2010 WE WOULD KNOW! There have been reviews and I know at least one would have said something if these were included in this years' game.

6. Yep, I agree... that is the main reason I felt it must not be because there were threads with people complaining about those elements missing.

However, I am surprised as Rob Simms has said, that he wouldn't say 'improved' multiplayer and/or 'more advanced' physics since this year already includes Multiplayer (just with a limited # of cars) and what they have said is a good physics engine.

I agree that we would probably know by now - so it was probably just awkward wording in the way that he delivered it or the way that it was taken down during dictation.

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

[sarcasm]Can't call a 12 car grid without dedicated server support multiplayer. So basically what he says is true, multiplayer in 2011 :)[/sarcasm]