1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hard drive

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by jimortality, Oct 20, 2015.

1. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Which folder is RF2 supposed to be in please? Mine is in my documents is that correct? Cheers

2. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Hey, Jim if you install rf2 in any directory other than the "program files": it will put the rf2 settings folder in the root directory of the install. Putitng everything in one place.Just a tip

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Jip, i did the same. Makes more sense to me. :) Everything is in D:/rFactor2

But...

If you installed the core in "program files" and the Data in your documents folder. (this is by default)
    You can have multiple installs/different Core builds using 1 and the same Data folder.

It all comes down to preference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

So I'm ok to leave it in my documents then, not quite sure I understood you both

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

I've put everything in one place on my games SSD.

6. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I never install my "games" to the "Program Files" folder (default to most all installations - games and otherwise), Windows protects that folder which "can" cause issues - and that's why ISI defaults to putting the rF2 "data" folder in your documents folder. You surely don't want to move the "data" folder in to Program Files.
    I have rF2 on my secondary disk - "D:\rFactor2\" and "D:\rFactor2_Data\".

• Love Love x 1