Happy New Year

KS95

RACER Moderator
The countdown to the new year begins! :D

I remembered someone doing a countdown thread last year, so I've made this to countdown and wish all the Racer community a happy new year! Make sure you get pissed and enjoy the night! :)

Roughly an hour and half left before 2011 (GMT) :)

I remember doing that on Forza 3 xD We got someone (who was busy so not actually playing) to be the ball in a Golf iirc, and we were all in Range Rovers :tongue:

How hard would it be to make a moveable ball?

Dead simple. I've ben smashing shopping trolleys around Broken Springs for a while now. As long as the ball has one material, it's easy to do.Maybe u could use a picture of Jeremy Clarkson for the ball texture?

Interesting concept for a track hehe...

If you can script something so when the ball goes into the goals at each end it will reset after 5 seconds that would be pretty cool too :D

Just need a set of goals and a big tarmac area then :D

Dave

Afaik, resetting movables can be done. Not sure if a movable performing an action can be done though.

Ie, if you drive somewhere and trigger an event, you can reset the ball. But the ball going out on it's own can't.

Probably best then to have some 'reset' patches somewhere that players drive on to reset the ball!?

Dave

Would u be able to share it (soccergame) with all these Top Gear nuts? It'd be some interesting reading for scripting examples I'd expect as well.

I could do with some inspiration for some nasty moving objects for Carnage When I get to update it. I used to use lod models to make walls move etc, not exactly elegant but it worked well enough. This is another level of possible carnage again!

The script is very outdated and does not work anymore on the latest Racer sadly enough.
But it shouldn't be that hard to script for yourselfs, i will help when needed.
I will add some functionality for setting movable positions, and (rotational) velocity so if anyone is up for it, they can script a multiplayer soccergame.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back