1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Earth Day Mr. Clarkson!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paul Hamwa, Apr 22, 2011.

1. The recent catastrophic events in Japan have made many people think again about where our energy comes from. Everything is juicing the grid, from running our powerful gaming rigs to our big cousin, real life motorsports. It's becoming ever more difficult to justify the voracious consumption of resources.
    With Nascar 2011 finally changing from archaic and outdated leaded gasoline (which most car manufacturers stopped producing engines for in 1975) by replacing it with clean burning ethanol and motorsport stadiums in the US starting to think about alternative energy, it poses the question: Will going green ever be accepted by the hardcore fans of motor sports? My hope is yes, and the future is starting to look promising.

So I thought it fitting to big up Infineon Raceway on Earth Day, as they launch the installation of 1700 solar panels. Sometimes things change for the better in the most unlikely places.

Photo Credit: Clint Graves

(quoted from http://www.infineonraceway.com/media/news/588286.html)
  2. I wonder how much methane those 3,000 sheep emit each year...
  3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

Enough to keep us all of huffing forever :D

Interesting article, thanks Paul.