Handbrake

Have attached a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick to use as a handbrake. All wiring inside with the exception of the Axis connectors have been removed.
It has created a second controller in settings, have set the axis for it and set range to 50% as advised.
However when I select a drift car and come out of pit area all I get is the throttle on full and my G27 has been rendered useless.
Somehow the joystick axis has become the throttle.
Can someone help with this please?
P.S. It works in Dirt Rally

Have attached a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick to use as a handbrake. All wiring inside with the exception of the Axis connectors have been removed.
It has created a second controller in settings, have set the axis for it and set range to 50% as advised.
However when I select a drift car and come out of pit area all I get is the throttle on full and my G27 has been rendered useless.
Somehow the joystick axis has become the throttle.
Can someone help with this please?
P.S. It works in Dirt Rally
I could be wrong here, but as far as I know, AC only supports usage of one controller and therefore you should use some 'virtual' controller. Read something about it months ago on these forums I believe...

I could be wrong here, but as far as I know, AC only supports usage of one controller and therefore you should use some 'virtual' controller. Read something about it months ago on these forums I believe...
Interesting, that contradicts what I've read. Seen a few posts/videos showing it working with the G27, have set it up according to their instructions.

Thanks anyway, only really need it for Drift, guess just have to not bother with it. Assigning a button on the wheel is not ideal.
He has the same joystick as you, saw his post here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/617329920710295702/#c618458030682081497

"Ok so go onto the controls settings, under where you have the pedals, and wheel axis set there should be a handbrake axis that is currently un-assigned. Assign this by clicking it and pulling the joystick towards you.

However, this means that the handbrake is always half on. Underneath where you assigned the handbrake axis there should be a slider which gives you the range of the axis. Move the left bar to over 50% (mine's on 75). This means that the game only applies the handbrake when the joystick is pulled beyond 50% (when you pull it towards yourself)."

He has the same joystick as you, saw his post here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/617329920710295702/#c618458030682081497

"Ok so go onto the controls settings, under where you have the pedals, and wheel axis set there should be a handbrake axis that is currently un-assigned. Assign this by clicking it and pulling the joystick towards you.

However, this means that the handbrake is always half on. Underneath where you assigned the handbrake axis there should be a slider which gives you the range of the axis. Move the left bar to over 50% (mine's on 75). This means that the game only applies the handbrake when the joystick is pulled beyond 50% (when you pull it towards yourself)."
Yep that is the exact one, followed those instructions, but sometimes it replaces the G27's assignments for steering, brake axis etc. and removes all other shifter and secondary settings. Sometimes it doesn't but either way when I go to the car, viewing angle is stuck to the left and throttle is stuck on around 50%.
So when I then remove the joystick and just have G27 I then have to re assign all of the wheels settings.

Are you using real head motion app? Try without. But assign all your g27 settings and ffb, and then save a profile; so you can load it anytime later if the joystick screws it.
Yes using RHM, made no difference with or without, as soon as I plugged in Joystick and assigned its axis, it removed all settings for G27.
At a complete loss with this.
But hey not going to loose sleep over it, it's not going to stop me enjoying this game.
Thanks for your help and time though, very much appreciated.

What if you configure the g27 after first doing the joystick? And then put the handbrake slider to 75%. To assign the joystick, that steam user said to pull it (towards you). But maybe delete controls.ini from documents/ac/cfg, as another try.

You could also try to uninstall the freepie program from RHM. If is not that, installing freepie again is quick.

What if you configure the g27 after first doing the joystick? And then put the handbrake slider to 75%. To assign the joystick, that steam user said to pull it (towards you). But maybe delete controls.ini from documents/ac/cfg, as another try.

You could also try to uninstall the freepie program from RHM. If is not that, installing freepie again is quick.
RHM is a must have for me, if it is conflicting somehow, then uninstalling it is not an option.
I have tried every configuration and nothing works, so like I said not having a handbrake is no big loss.
Cheers
Thought I'd give it one last try, so I did what you suggested and connected the joystick first assigned its axis, set the left mark to 75% range. Then connected the G27, but instead of using the configuration wizard I mapped each axis/button through the settings panel, shifters etc. I also unchecked combine with keyboard.
And low and behold it now works. Not sure which process or combination did it and it also works with RHM.
Hope this may help anyone with the same problem.
Cheers

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back