1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hand Brake_AXIS?

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by SkeleTele, May 4, 2015.

1. Has anyone been able to map a HB that uses an AXIS instead of a button? I use an ARC HB but I can't get it to map correctly. If I engage the HB than map and release I can get the game to recognize it but the axis is reversed meaning I have to pull it to move and release to engage the cars HB. CAn anyone help with this? Thanks!
  2. For anyone that has any trouble using a hand brake that has an axis, download XPADDER and map a button to the axis. My HB is now working but only as a button....
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
  3. I was gonna buy an analogue handbrake for this, but not if it doesn't work properly. Dirt 3 supports lots of analogue handbrakes, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem in dirt rally. I'm glad you tested it first.
  4. I have my handbrake mapped to my clutch pedal and it works great, though interestingly it won't allow me to map the clutch to the clutch pedal.. Just defaults back to "unassigned".
  5. I'm sure things will get sorted with more time, it just seems odd that these inputs are not supported atm, hopefully we can get proper support in the coming updates!
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  6. With my Trustmaster axis-paddle, seems HB is ON/OFF only.
    That should change
  7. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

My Fanatec Handbrake works perfectly natural with DR !
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  8. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck
    Premium Member

Same with my Fanatec Handbrake. Works great.
  9. @ Gary and Mikaela, are your fanatec HBs plugged into your wheels base?
  10. I think the paddle shifters on the T500 are buttons not axis' so this would make sense.
  11. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

12. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck
    Premium Member

My handbrake is connected via the usb adapter.
  13. I guess my bad, I thought the HB was only useable with the pedal base. I will need to order and get the usb adapter!
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  14. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

You should update the game and try again:
    Changelog for the newest update ;)
  15. Yeah, I just saw that now, I am updating now! :laugh:
  16. No good, doesn't work same issue................
  17. Worked fine and just got HB in today, but first it did not work properly until I flowed the directions exactly at Fanatec.
  18. my pro handbrake of ecsimhardware is not working in this tittle. in dirt 3 complete edetion she is working great
  19. If there was a way to reverse the axis I think it would work for me, wikke, if you engage the hb then map it and release does the hb work for in game? You should have to hold it to move and when you release, it will engage, this is what happens to me.