Hamilton vs Rosberg - Who Was Really to Blame in Austria?

Rosberg had the inside and yet he still tried to drive wide enough to force Hamilton off the track. It's obvious what happened. Rosberg needs to go to NASCAR at least he has fenders to beat off when wrecking his teammates.

Reactions: Rob
This is an easy one.
I do not really see where is the room for debate.

I do not know why Rosberg made this mistake as he has already nearly won the championship due to the motor changes situation (Hamilton is already on his last motor for the season and will soon start all races will 10 or more places penalty).

This is an easy one.
I do not really see where is the room for debate.

I do not know why Rosberg made this mistake as he has already nearly won the championship due to the motor changes situation (Hamilton is already on his last motor for the season and will soon start all races will 10 or more places penalty).

He'll only get the penalty at the races where he actually takes the new engine not at every race. If he takes those penalties at tracks where it is easy to pass it might not make too much difference.

Where's the "I don't care" option in the poll? Because some of us truly don't care!

Both LH & NR come across like a couple of brats, perpetually stuck in a childish "I'm better than you" fight. The amount of times these two have wrecked each other is comically entertaining, I hope they keep it up TBH, so we can see more of the gentlemen F1 drivers on the podium for a change, not spoilt brats who get upset when things don't go their way, or the team makes an error in judgement.

Rather watch GP2, at least they know how to race clean!

Those laying the blame on Lewis are either letting their inherent dislike for him cloud their judgement, or have a fundamental misunderstanding of wheel-to-wheel racing. Nico seems to have this same misunderstanding. He's great at hotlapping, and extracting the right amount from the car, but time and again he struggles with the close quarters dicing. For the past few years he always seems shocked and injured after Lewis has put a hard move on him. But he seems to lack the timing and precision to do the same without causing an unavoidable coming together.

I haven't read a single journalist or racer side with Nico on this one (but I don't read German or Italian racing press, so they may out there). Nico should blame his brakes for this one; continuing to protest innocence simply underlines his lack of judgement in this kind of on track knife fight.

Rather watch GP2, at least they know how to race clean!
Just can't stop laughing right now. Haven't followed GP2 much this year, but the amount of stupid, dangerous, F1 20XX online public style, rampage, kill other drivers actions in GP2 was the only reason to watch it :D

Regarding the incident I think the people who voted Hamiltons fault just do it for trolling purposes. Best thing would have been if he did what you have to do in public races just slow down more than normal on the outside and take the corner after the guy who can't brake sailed past you.
Toto said in an interview just after the race that Nicos brake by wire failed in T1 and therefore had less braking in T2 and they were not allowed to tell him. If that is true, he could have not done much, but he should have probably known it from T1.
If that is true with the failed brake by wire, you have to really question the rules on radio communication. Just imagine having a brake failure in Monza after Ascari and now Parabolica is just run off and no gravel trap. Have fun kissing the wall head on at that speed.
In Barcelona we had a similar thing. Rosberg was in the wrong engine mode at the start and they can't tell him. I can't really be bothered with F1 anymore. Yesterday I decided to cook lunch instead of watching the race and I followed every race starting 2010 and even rewatched the 2009 season.
They simply have to bring back proper cars, proper drivers and a competetive field.

Last edited:
Just can't stop laughing right now. Haven't followed GP2 much this year, but the amount of stupid, dangerous, F1 20XX online public style, rampage, kill other drivers actions in GP2 was the only reason to watch it :D

GP2 is soft compared to Indy Lights which has had actual death threats being made this year. Now that's much more like public server simracing :)

GP2 is soft compared to Indy Lights which has had actual death threats being made this year. Now that's much more like public server simracing :)
In a public server people wouldn't make a death threat to your actual face :D

Can't comment on Indy Lights, but GP2 has been a farce in the past few years with drivers spending 3+ years in the series and very dangerous driving. There was often some good racing at the front, but the talent level was very average. It would be good if drivers who just use up space are getting kicked out. Best example was Carmen Jorda who achieved a 13th place in three years as a best result and she was in winning cars. Based on wild freestyle forum math Pascal Wehrlein in a Manor (1 point yesterday) would beat Carmen Jorda in a Mercedes. If they would kick out these kind of drivers, sponsors would need to look for actual talent and marketing and the rich kids would have to be happy with GT3 racing.

I voted Nico for the blame on this one. Somehow if he tries to be aggressive he makes a mess out of it. It only proves to me that he hasn't have the talent like Lewis. And I'm not a huge Hamilton fan but the man is fast beyond any doubt.

Rosberg is an absolute snake. horribly dirty driver. the more seasons that go buy the more i dislike him, and imo the sooner Mercedes get rid of him the better.

this picture says it all really.
rosberg.jpg

Unfortunately, being on the inside of a corner doesn't entitle you to claim the entire track width as your own. You still have to allow someone who is alongside you enough space to make it through the corner. He should have powered through the inside and jumped ahead far enough to run Lewis out of track on the exit.

People complains about Rosberg action. "Oh my dear Ham...". Screw that. I want hard battles. I'm a Ferrari fan, but more than that, I want REAL racing. Let them fight. Let them made mistakes (you ALL do in sim racing, with or without pressure, why is that not acceptable in real life racing?) People complains about F1 being boring. Now that it isn't, ppl wants to trow Ros to the fire? Let the show continue without those girly penalties. Drivers don't risk more nowadays with fear of those girly penalties. I loved it! ;) Exciting GP :)

Two drivers racing hard in my opinion. Admittedly I've only seen the "move" a few times but Nico was on worn tyres and fading brakes and I don't think he intentionally tried to do that manoeuvre. He simply got his brakes all wrong into the corner. His plan was probably to run Lewis wide so he couldn't attack on the exit. A penalty seems harsh in my opinion as he came worst off anyway.

They were both very lucky they finished.

Someone mentioned the final stops and tyres, the reason why they were both on different compounds was Nico had run out of the softs (which was the ideal tyre) so they had to fit him with the even softer compound instead. He had an advantage at the start of the stint but obviously at the end his tyres were almost finished. This was reported on the Ch4 coverage as they asked the same question.

...and although it's not the most picturesque of circuits, Silverstone is the home of the British GP for me as well. Brands is lovely but they would have to dig half of it up to make it comply with the FIA rules now. The only thing that spoils Silverstone is having been to a couple of the new "state of the art circuits" the surrounding area of the circuit looks old by comparison.

When Codies release 2016, I'm gonna join the Mercs team, get Rosberg as a partner, & run him off the track at every opportunity. It won't solve the real world issue but it'll make me feel a whole lot better seeing him face plant into walls in a cloud of dust :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back