Hamilton signs for Mercedes!!

With the current tire regulations, I seriously doubt any aggressive driving is an advantage for anybody. Even Hamilton has polished his driving quite a lot to be smoother.
:thumbsup:
Thats what I mean, his style is agressive but precise and works well with the car.
Alonso can drive the car aggressive and do well.

The Ferrari is not a car to drive carefully and conservatively.
;)

WOW. What a shocker, Eddie Jordan was on the money all the time. Can't say it is the best move on Hamilton's part but only time will tell. Too bad McLaren with the best car of the year and two world champions is not leading the championship, I guess that was a factor in Hamilton's decision too. Don't get me wrong I was a huge fan of Hamilton in 07 and 08 but he lately seems such a primadonna, all this bling raper attitude has no place in F1, racing is the important thing. I would be something if McLaren with Perez will have a successful partnership similar to the one the great Senna had with them, that would be awesome. Can only dream about it :rolleyes:

Those assuming LH moved because of image should not be too influenced by what they see in the media. Yes he has a image which seems to be box office when coupled with his driving. But the media need to portray him like that to sell news that normally isn't there.

As everyone seems to have such an informed view of his life at McLaren (saying he shouldn't move because he's this and that, and he owes them), my informed view is that he was cast aside by Martin Whitmarsh.

LH reacted badly to it which was then manifested in his 2011 driving issues, his media blunders and so on.

Opinions are interesting but, when they are expressed with the confidence some people on these forums display, it's quite erm.... quite funny, I think is the word I'm looking for.

Anyway, I had one of my dreams last night. MSC was in my garden with me, having a drink and watching my old karting videos. He was getting tips from me.

But what was significant, was that he'd just been sacked by Mercedes. I told my wife when I woke. She laughed. Then a few hours later, text me the news about LH's move.

Now I really need to dream about a lottery win.

Gutted! I'm a Lewis fan but also a Mclaren fan, grew up supporting Mclaren but love Lewis's driving style when he is in the zone. Gonna feel awkard next year. Perez though, what a chance for the guy

I've always been a huge Hamilton fan and admired his aspirations to be like Senna, but today has proven that he is willing to risk going to a less-competitive team in order to secure the potential to earn more $$$. Very much the opposite of what pure racers like Senna would've done.

Very disappointing decision.

I've always been a huge Hamilton fan and admired his aspirations to be like Senna, but today has proven that he is willing to risk going to a less-competitive team in order to secure the potential to earn more $$$. Very much the opposite of what pure racers like Senna would've done.

Very disappointing decision.

Less-competitive this year, but what about next year, when big part of their budget is to pay Mercedes engines and mostly in 2014 with new rules coming?

Y'know? I think Lewis was right to leave for Mercedes. Seriously, Sam Michael is the reason we'll inevitably see McLaren in the mid field. Lets see how Nico and Lewis get on! :thumbsup:

A gross over-simplification of what just happened:

Lewis: Hey, Mclaren, I'd like this much money from you next year.
Mclaren: Hmmm, well... we'll give you this much. It's a little less than what you want, but we can work something out...
Mercedes: Pssst, hey, Lewis. We can give you more than what Mclaren are offering you.
Lewis: Awesome! Screw you, McLaren!
Mclaren: Oh, drat. Fortunately we have another card up our sleeves. Oh, Sergioooo...!

lewis-hamilton-drives-the-mercedes-benz-w25-2.jpg

Less-competitive this year, but what about next year, when big part of their budget is to pay Mercedes engines and mostly in 2014 with new rules coming?
In My view You are right
Yes Mercedes may have Upper hand at the start So with Regulations in place Lewis gambled his seat in Mercedes
but what about Mclaren Ferrari and Red bull
The Regulations are equal for all teams and Mercedes may have a Good Start like in 2009 but what happened at the end Redbull caught them up very quickly
Every team can find the Loop holes that will suit themselves
We are not Sure that Whether Mercedes can give a Car which Class of Field or not
We all know that Mercedes also want to be on the List of Top teams but To me The chances are Very less and Lewis made a Stupid Decision to join Mercedes

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%